GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Volt, and I could swear that the MPGe display on the CHARGE INFO Screen used to reset to zero, or maybe dashes, with each full charge. Now, the MPGe reading remains at the reading it showed before Charing, although it seems to calculate MPGe anew as I start driving after a full charge.

Could someone tell me how their display behaves? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
If the Volt is fully charged the kWh used displayed in the upper right of the Energy screen will display 0.0 kWh.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, but I'm asking about MPGe, not KWh and I'm familiar with the two screens reached by tapping on the MPGe Combined window.

I'm just asking what your screen MPGe shows after a full charge. It's quite possible that my memory is wrong and it's working as it always did.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The photo you included still showed 6.4 kW used. The MPGe value will not reset until the Volt's battery has been fully recharged. Perhaps something interrupted charging from completing. What does the screen look like, what is the MPGe value when the kWh used is 0.0 kWh?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just took a picture to clarify what screen I was referring to. I am aware that the car must be fully charged before values reset.

I appreciate your interest, but I'm just asking if someone would look at this screen before driving away in their fully charged 2017 car and let me know what the MPGe display is.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I just took a picture to clarify what screen I was referring to. I am aware that the car must be fully charged before values reset.

I appreciate your interest, but I'm just asking if someone would look at this screen before driving away in their fully charged 2017 car and let me know what the MPGe display is.

Thanks all.
I just unplugged my 2017 Volt after it had completed charging and is fully charged. When I started the Volt the Energy screen displayed MPGe = 99.7, Total Miles = 0, Miles EV = 0, Total kWh used = 0.0. If I press on the MPGe value the screen toggles to display 250 MPG+.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly what i needed. Thanks!

You've demonstrated that my memory has completely failed me and nothing has changed. ��

·
Registered
377 Posts
What exactly does that 250MPG + signify?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mpg use of 1 gallon of gasoline since last FULL charge. If you are in normal mode, you will have 250+ until you use the gas engine prior to next full charge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts