GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3,689 Posts
Technology is winning! Hydrogen from water will one day power our transportation fleet. This is really goo news.

Not so fast! If you read the article you will know that these nanoparticles also help batteries get better. The hydrogen car will have to win against the quick-charge BEV to become the transportation fleet vehicle of choice. Something I feel that hydrogen technology with all of it’s limitations (inefficiency compared to batteries, high levels of maintenance, expensive infrastructure, etc.) will not be able to overcome. Place your bets!

However, while we wait for the verdict let's keep developing all of our possible options.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not so fast! If you read the article you will know that these nanoparticles also help batteries get better. The hydrogen car will have to win against the quick-charge BEV to become the transportation fleet vehicle of choice. Something I feel that hydrogen technology with all of it’s limitations (inefficiency compared to batteries, high levels of maintenance, expensive infrastructure, etc.) will not be able to overcome. Place your bets!

However, while we wait for the verdict let's keep developing all of our possible options.
Those are good points. I am glad all this tech has multiple benefits. Your last line is exactly the right attitude.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts