GM Volt Forum banner

Q: What are the best things about Memphis, TN?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DonC 
#1 ·
A: BBQ and my new Volt. Scored a White Diamond Tricoat with neutral interior and all the gear. Saying goodbye to my Audi A6 with a 4.2 V8 is not easy. However, the Volt is making the transition easier. I sometimes feel that I have a sense of what people with the first cars must have felt as they cruised by people with horses and buggies. I was behind a Hummer the other day looking at a figurative "dinosaur" and was trying to reconcile that both of these cars were brought to the American motoring public by GM. Hopefully, those dark days are behind GM.

Having owned Acura, Lexus, Volvo, Audi and Mercedes cars, I can tell you that this Volt is the coolest of the lot. A new convertible BMW pulled along side the other day and gave me the "yeah, I know what car that is" look. :cool: He then sped off to confirm his raging case of "SDS" (small 'D' syndrome). As we drove by the Audi dealership the wife said I should get the new A5, I said "no way, not until it runs on electricity". Now my new Chevy and I are getting to know each other. I bought mine from the dealer that sold Fred Smith (FedEx CEO) his. If it is good enough for a billionaire, it is good enough for me! Cheers.

#3 ·
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum. Trust me, you won't miss your Audi. If you had kept it, after a few months enjoying the smooth electric drive, you'd be disappointed in how rough and noisy it was. Plus passing gas stations definitely wouldn't hurt your feelings.

Enjoy your car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.