GM Volt Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks Dave. That's a handy pdf to have on my phone.

It looks like I'm going to have to run a wire to do my experiments.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
the very annoying triple-honk vehicle left on reminder (If you exit the vehicle left ON with the keyfob in your pocket)
"Very Annoying" barely conveys how I feel about that obnoxious "reminder"!

Now that you mention it, I just picked up a 2019 in the past couple of days, and I'm still in the "getting to know you" phase of ownership. This afternoon, I tried THREE TIMES to make it do the "left on" triple-honk. I could not make it do it!! It looks like Gen 2 Volts eliminated that (or maybe just the 2019s?). (It also just "chirps" instead of honking, when charging begins. AWWWW, YEAH!!)

I sure hope that wasn't just some marvelous dream! I will check again tomorrow, when I'm SURE I'm awake.

·
Registered
2015 Red Volt
2,059 Posts
Can someone please send me the file? I want to do the push button disable of triple honk.

Jasontamu2002 at gmail.com

Does this work on 2nd gen? 2016?

Please thanks,
J
I just downloaded the file from the link in a previous post. I will email it to you.

·
Registered
2015 Volt Premier (Leather interior, w/standard radio package).
28 Posts
Does anyone still have access to the PDF with instructions? The link from .nz does not host the file anymore.

·
Registered
2015 Red Volt
2,059 Posts
Does anyone still have access to the PDF with instructions? The link from .nz does not host the file anymore.
Yes, I still have the file. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll see if I can send it to you. It's 39 MB in size.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Very Annoying" barely conveys how I feel about that obnoxious "reminder"!

Now that you mention it, I just picked up a 2019 in the past couple of days, and I'm still in the "getting to know you" phase of ownership. This afternoon, I tried THREE TIMES to make it do the "left on" triple-honk. I could not make it do it!! It looks like Gen 2 Volts eliminated that (or maybe just the 2019s?).
Triple honk when fob removed with car on is definitely still present in MY2017

Yes, I still have the file. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll see if I can send it to you. It's 39 MB in size.
PM sent

·
Registered
991 Posts
This honk feature is standard in all modern GM vehicle. The only reason I would want to keep my vehicle running is to keep the AC on in the summer while running small errand. Since you should lock your car while you're away, why not just turn off your car. Lock the door and active remote start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This honk feature is standard in all modern GM vehicle. The only reason I would want to keep my vehicle running is to keep the AC on in the summer while running small errand. Since you should lock your car while you're away, why not just turn off your car. Lock the door and active remote start.
I leave for work early in the morning, sometimes I forget to close the charger door and have to get out to close it. Stopping to open and close the gate to the driveway. Stopping for small errands like you say, at the mailbox etc.

·
Registered
2012 Std w Nav
5,079 Posts
I simply decided to start closing the charge door before doing anything with the schnozzle. Unplug, close door, THEN turn to hang up the cord. Just like I unplug the car before opening the driver door.

·
Administrator
22,489 Posts
Mine doesn't honk. I have simply been telling the service department NOT to apply that update to my car whenever I have taken the car in. They make me initial that :)

Reactions: Vegan Car
41 - 54 of 54 Posts