GM Volt Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks Dave. That's a handy pdf to have on my phone.

It looks like I'm going to have to run a wire to do my experiments.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can someone please send me the file? I want to do the push button disable of triple honk.

Jasontamu2002 at gmail.com

Does this work on 2nd gen? 2016?

Please thanks,
J

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
the very annoying triple-honk vehicle left on reminder (If you exit the vehicle left ON with the keyfob in your pocket)
"Very Annoying" barely conveys how I feel about that obnoxious "reminder"!

Now that you mention it, I just picked up a 2019 in the past couple of days, and I'm still in the "getting to know you" phase of ownership. This afternoon, I tried THREE TIMES to make it do the "left on" triple-honk. I could not make it do it!! It looks like Gen 2 Volts eliminated that (or maybe just the 2019s?). (It also just "chirps" instead of honking, when charging begins. AWWWW, YEAH!!)

I sure hope that wasn't just some marvelous dream! I will check again tomorrow, when I'm SURE I'm awake.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Can someone please send me the file? I want to do the push button disable of triple honk.

Jasontamu2002 at gmail.com

Does this work on 2nd gen? 2016?

Please thanks,
J
I just downloaded the file from the link in a previous post. I will email it to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone still have access to the PDF with instructions? The link from .nz does not host the file anymore.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Does anyone still have access to the PDF with instructions? The link from .nz does not host the file anymore.
Yes, I still have the file. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll see if I can send it to you. It's 39 MB in size.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Very Annoying" barely conveys how I feel about that obnoxious "reminder"!

Now that you mention it, I just picked up a 2019 in the past couple of days, and I'm still in the "getting to know you" phase of ownership. This afternoon, I tried THREE TIMES to make it do the "left on" triple-honk. I could not make it do it!! It looks like Gen 2 Volts eliminated that (or maybe just the 2019s?).
Triple honk when fob removed with car on is definitely still present in MY2017

Yes, I still have the file. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll see if I can send it to you. It's 39 MB in size.
PM sent

41 - 49 of 49 Posts