1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"OHM-RIDE"

2013, purchased in 2015, Still going strong in (almost) 2018

and you know what?

Man I still love the way this car looks!

·
Administrator
20,190 Posts
Play Misty for me! :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
That’s awesome Dutch, happy for you! The car does look great, the pic is very well done too. Your post reminds me of the words of one of our time’s greatest philosophers, Sheryl Crow. “It’s not having what you want, it’s wanting what you’ve got”

The song is Soak up the Sun if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Awesome! I love my baby Volt too. Plan on keeping her for a long time.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Pics like this make me think I shoulda kept my Gen 1. No amount of mods will get my civic, errr cruze, lookalike to stand out.

I can always spot a Gen 1 a mile away, but pass 7-10 cars a day where I'm thinking "Is that a Gen 2 Volt?" Oh no...

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
To this day people keep asking me what I’m driving as some have never seen one. The volt gen 1 is America’s best kept automotive secret.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can always spot a Gen 1 a mile away, but pass 7-10 cars a day where I'm thinking "Is that a Gen 2 Volt?" Oh no...
LOL, I know what you mean.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nice picture. It makes me miss my '13. Well, actually my '15 made me miss my '13, it never measured up. If I hadn't leased that '13, I swear I'd still be driving it, but now I even got rid of the '15.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Love my '13. It's going to the dealer to have the left clicking cv axle checked out. From what I've read it might be covered under the Voltec warranty. Had to drive the wife's Mazda Tribute (known to me as the Penalty Box) to work. Boy, the Volt does spoil you.

Thought I saw an ELR in town but could get my head around fast enough to be sure. Those seem exceedingly rare.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice LED eyebrow upgrade. Didn’t see your process on that little nugget. Did I just not see it in your other posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice LED eyebrow upgrade. Didn’t see your process on that little nugget. Did I just not see it in your other posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did that shortly after I bought it. I had a post on it but the photos vanished in the great photobucket catastrophe and without the photos it wasn't much of a post.

One thing I did was link the eyebrow lights purely to "car on/car off". So no accidentally leaving the car on for me (LOL) now if I could just turn that stupid triple honk off.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I did that shortly after I bought it. I had a post on it but the photos vanished in the great photobucket catastrophe and without the photos it wasn't much of a post.

One thing I did was link the eyebrow lights purely to "car on/car off". So no accidentally leaving the car on for me (LOL) now if I could just turn that stupid triple honk off.
Mine was a bit more complicated, but it can be simplified. http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?120922-Alpena-LED-headlight-mod-my-way

P.S. These are on when the car is on too so long as the headlights are set to auto (why would they not be?).

·
Administrator
20,190 Posts
My 2011 with 95k miles is not for sale, lol. Best car I have owned.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
P.S. These are on when the car is on too so long as the headlights are set to auto (why would they not be?).
That isn't what I mean. If you push the power button mine come on regardless of the headlights.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
That isn't what I mean. If you push the power button mine come on regardless of the headlights.
I know. The way I have it set up the results are the same. Either the DRLs are on, or the headlights and either one lights up the LED strips.

The only difference is when I shut the car off all lights come on. But that's not hard to detect and it only lasts several seconds.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm right with you. I love the look of my 2012. It's unique compared to all the cookie-cutter cars out there. I can't tell the difference between most of them, including the Gen 2 Volts.
That's the only reason I'm not upgrading to the next gen, it's just too boring for me even though I like the upgraded features.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Same here, these cars still look great. Love my '14, not getting rid of it for anything, best commuter I've ever had. I'm going to drive it until it can't be driven anymore. You know those cars you see every now and then, that are so old, have so many miles, and basically look like rolling dumpsters? Yeah, that's going to be me in this car in about 30 years, LOL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts