GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Volt owner, I was researching what car I should get next as my lease is up soon. I looked at the new Volt, a used Tesla and both the 14 and 16 ELRs.

Well after much research and internal debate, I finally decided to purchase a 2016 ELR. I was going to get the 2014 but I was able to test drive a 2016 and felt it was much improved to warrant the extra cost for me.

I got a great deal, and I’ve seen many online at car gurus in the 55k range before federal credit. Looking forward for it to arrive in a week or so.

Much of the information I got for the ELR was from this forum and thank you all for your information.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Congrats and best of luck with your ELR. Loving my 2016 ELR, and I don't think you'll regret the decision.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats on the car. If you don't need a back seat it's a super car, and a beautiful one at that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We love our '16 as well. Keep us posted on your thoughts when it arrives.
I'm still getting used to the nuances versus our '15 Volt with the modes such as "Hold" and "Sport". It seems to be geared more towards the driving experience rather than economy, which is fine for a car like that. (such as ERDDT can not be set lower than the default 32F either).
We do drive it mostly in EV, it does that well too.
The car is just awesome to look at on a daily basis as well!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Johnt26 and volt11,

All I can say is WOW! Even though I took it for a test drive. After spending a couple of days, its amazing. Much more refined than the Volt and even my old BMW 530i. Very impressed!!

DonC,

The back seat was one of my sticking points about getting the car, as I occasionally have adults in my back seat. So before I purchased, i did some research to see if I could do something about it.

This is what I did:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?231817-Ready-for-this-Extra-backseat-headroom-in-an-ELR.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Neat stuff
Thanks for sharing your modifications here on gm-volt.com
Welcome!
WopOnTour

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your new ELR. I'm getting close to 6000 mi on ours and I still say wow! every time I drive it, which is every day :).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would be very interested to hear about the deal you negotiated - others can definitely benefit !
Sure. It was pretty straightforward. The invoice for the base 2016 ELR is in the low 62k range. So I got the dealer to get me as close to invoice as possible around 62,500. Then there is a $10,000 factory GM rebate for purchasing the car. So I got the car in the mid 52k range. There was a 1.9% deal available for finance, which I grabbed. Then the $7,500 dollar rebate I will get at tax time.

You are really negotiating the price before the GM factory rebate. And make sure that they know, you know about the 10k rebate.

The rebate is currently good until 5/2/2016. I'm pretty sure they will extend it like they did after the 2/28/2016 rebate expired.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts