GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchase experience at Keyes Chevrolet (RICK aka. Winchipper)

I like to start out by announcing that I am a proud owner of a fully loaded 2013 Chevrolet volt!!!! Thanks to rick and his team over at Keys Chevy. I don’t typically posts but my experience with Rick was so painless that I thought it was my duty to inform potential buyers and folks that are on the fence.
The so-called “crazy deal of the year” started with a text to rick. I was pleasantly surprised when Rick answered within a few minutes. Over the years I have had many dealings with dealers that would outright lie to get my in, but this is not the case. After a few text messages I decided to call Rick and again he assured me that the DEAL IS REAL and got me in touch with his right hand man Joe. After further discussing the deal over the phone with Joe I decided to gamble and booked a flight from San Francisco to Los Angeles ($280 wager) the very next day. Inside the airport at Burbank’s California I once again contacted Joe and he informed me that he will have a sales consultant dispatch to pick me up; meanwhile I was on the phone looking at flights to San Francisco in case this was some sort of scam. About a half an hour later I was picked up by extremely informative and knowledgeable sales consultant named Ali.
After arriving to the dealership I was immediately shown the volt i requested over the phone and it was exactly as we discussed. Ali even CHARGE and gas up the vehicle in anticipation to my arrival!!!!! THEY CHARGED my CAR!!! I was introduced to a gentleman named Peter and was explained that he will handle my paperwork. Peter went over the numbers with me and even offer suggestions and recommendations to protect and insulate my risk of owning a volt. During the paperwork process Rick personally came by to congratulate my purchase and thanked me for the business. (RICK if your READING THIS; the pleasure is all mine sir).
IT WAS A LOooong drive back to SAN FRANCISCO but worth it as the discount was so generous. To make a very long story short, im a VOLT OWNER haha with a crazy deal. Personal recommendation to you folks out there… The discounts probably worth your flight and drive. But more importantly you don’t need to hassle with hungry pushy salesman that don’t have a clue.

PROs
- steep discounts
-hasslefree transaction
-friendly staff (that understands a thing or two about customer service)
- upfront and non-deceptive

DEAL details
Msrp $43,9XX
$300 month (including tax) with $2200 total down on credit card
36months @ 10k miles a year
did I mention my volt is LOADED as in nav,leather,backup cam

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the $1000 drive off, $299 month deal for the fully loaded volt from Rick yesterday. Fantastic deal and they drove the car 30 miles to my house in Hermosa Beach on Friday afternoon because I couldn't get up to Van Nuys with work. Simply amazing service. I was on the phone about 20 minutes giving all my info. Then we spent about 20 minutes signing papers and going over the car features at my house. Smoothest car purchase transaction I've ever had and I didn't even have to step foot in the dealership! Highly recommend if he's running a promotion like this again that anyone grabs it because no one else seemed to be able to come even close.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Wish he was in Florida.
Leased a Volt yesterday and it was a pain in the arse.

Finally got it fixed as I contacted the General Manager and told him I have been lied to.
All is well now, but painful yesterday it was.

$2K down, $320.00 per month, then they threw in free maintenance, monetary value about $300.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a text from Rick later that night asking if i made it home ok.... THE GM of a dealership took time out to text a customer! I can't remember ever talking to a GM AFTER THE PURCHASE. Too bad the promo is over. BRING the DEAL BACK pls, im sure alot of folks are still thinking about it.
btw, im only getting about 48mpg avg and that with the 400mile drive back to SF from LA. Have about 480ish miles so far (drove it off keyes chevy with 7miles).

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I had a great no-nonsense experience with Rick and Keyes as well. I'm hoping he can work me a deal on an ELR when my lease runs out on the Chevy.

·
Banned
309 Posts
I was gonna look into the ELR as well, but I know it is going to be a MUCH higher monthly lease payment over the Volt. I may just get another Volt when my lease is up in 16 months. I am gonna hit Rick up either way I go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts