1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Could you be more definitive? That link has many posts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok for the pulsation, its most noticeable at a stop, very slight but noticeable. The thump happens at 5 mph or less as your stepping on the brake, it almost feels like the brake pad is sliding and then stops, hard to describe

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
ok for the pulsation, its most noticeable at a stop, very slight but noticeable. The thump happens at 5 mph or less as your stepping on the brake, it almost feels like the brake pad is sliding and then stops, hard to describe
Is the pulsation like a light buzzy feel/sound? Does it go away when you fully press the brake pedal?

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Get thee to a dealer with your concern. EBCM software update might be all you need.
Have the dealer refer to preliminary bulletin PIC5734
"Pulsation Or Drumming Noise Felt Through Brake Pedal On Light Apply"
WOT

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no you can actually feel it in the pedal and if you press harder you can still feel it, its not constant either comes and goes, the article describes it like this

PIC5734: Pulsation Or Drumming Noise Felt Through Brake Pedal On Light Apply 2011 - 2012 Chevrolet Volt (*2013 models currently still pending)
Some customers may experience a drumming/ ringing like noise after depressing the brake pedal. This phenomenon is typically most noticeable during low speed EV Driving and or stationary brake pedal applies while in Park. There may also be an abnormal pulsation felt through the brake pedal while sitting still with your foot slightly depressing the brake pedal. The noise presents itself as a hydraulic pressure related drumming or ringing sound that tends to transmit throughout the entire vehicle. This noise may also be heard immediately after the vehicle is powered off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

I am getting a strange pulsation in my brake pedal, which I saw was actually reported in another post here
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?13642-List-of-Various-Volt-Noise-Bulletins-(with-potential-caues-and-possible-solutions)

But I am also getting a weird sliding thump only when pressing the brake lightly and at low speeds in the front. I can readily reproduce each time

does this sound familiar to anyone?
UPDATE ON THIS:

Brought it to the dealer, and it was in fact a computer software adjustment, thank you WOPONTOUR that was the issue. So much better now, I didnt realize how bad that was until it was gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts