GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any public charging stations at any mall parking lot in the Northeast? I would gladly take my holiday shopping to the mall that supports EV and EREV charging. I think we need a Public Charging Forum created to discuss charging infrastructure related questions.

·
Registered
255 Posts
There is a public garage about three blocks from the Towson Town Center mall with two free chargers. In South Baltimore (Locust Point), the new McHenry Row development has two chargers in the parking garage right across from the Harris Teeter store. Across from the White Marsh mall, there are five chargers in the Park & Ride lot, but you'd have to hike quite a distance to get to the mall itself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Have you tried plug-share type of apps from smart phone to try to find those charging stations near you? They are helpful with my long trip from California to Texas and I did notice they listed several chargers at the malls along the way.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Where I live there are a couple of malls that offer public charging. I don't, however, find myself bothering with them. I find it easier to use Amazon. No muss. No fuss. Good reviews. And while the Volt doesn't cost me much per mile, free two day shipping is hard to beat.

With respect to your question, I haven't found anything that is very good at locating chargers. They either list too many stations, including ones that aren't working or ones that use the paddle chargers, or not enough, limiting themselves to say the Chargepoint or Ecotality network. Plus they give a general location but I've found you need a lot of specifics if you're actually going to locate one. Basically we're at a point where nothing available is really ready for prime time. No doubt that will change moving forward but that's the current state of affairs, unfortunately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts