GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start giving the public charging providers quarterly "report cards." These are meant to help them improve and give a platform where the different public charging providers can see our feedback. First on the list is ChargePoint. Let me know what you think. I'm also looking to improve the format so it is as informative and useful to EV owners as possible.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Pretty much on. Being on an island (albeit a big one) most Charge point (all in my experience) are free and are either mall or municipal/city chargers. One at a mall that I used was supported by the local Toyota dealer but I saw Hyundai, BMW, Leaf's and of course my Volt there, never saw a Toyota product. One side went down and was never fixed. A few months later the whole site was down and Toyota sealer withdrew their support. More locally the city charger at their parking lot went down and from comments was down over 250 days before it was repaired. On that sight the cables where so short if you weren't on the correct side it would barely reach and only id you parked all the way over on one side on the space and hung out a bit for the cable to make it past the front wheels. Cables at another lot where twice as long so no problem there. With the Volt and it's 3.3 charging rate if it's not convenient and you are going to be parking nearby any way, it's not worth the hassle. I would give the same grades. On the report card in comment section I would write the often teacher written quote, "Tries hard but needs improvement".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts