GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after looking at used Bolt's for awhile, and waiting for my chance to get my hands on a low mileage used car I was bored looking at auto trader the other day when I saw a dealership 100 miles away from me was discounting brand new 2019 Bolt EV's by $7,000. After making a few phone calls to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Richmond, VA, and driving up there they far exceeded my expectations. So if anyone is looking for a Bolt EV in the state of VA for $36,000 their offer is real, and they have one left in that dark slate gray color. In the first 2 days of ownership I have put 300 miles on my car, and after owning a 2012 Leaf for 7 years the Bolt EV is a world of difference. I am still going to use the Leaf as a daily driver/beater car since it is paid off at least until it dies. So good now to have 2 plug ins that have liquid cooled batteries, and I don't have to worry about the massive battery degradation like I have with my Leaf.

image0.jpg

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Congrats, we have a similar situation. Our Bolt is the daily driver and our Volt with 97k miles gets used for shorter trips.
Did you get the Premier trim? DCFC? Other options?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Some of the dealers in greater Baltimore area are offering $8-$10 K off MSRP that makes the drive from surrounding areas worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats to the OP. I also joined the Bolt owners club late last week. Also a current Volt owner. Loving the full electric experience.

I bought from Criswell in MD and got over $10K off a Premier model. No one came even remotely close in my hometown of Philadelphia. Worth the drive but definitely something in that MD and VA water when it comes to discounts.
Have fun

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also bought a Bolt in the last week. Got a good deal on Premium, D.C. fast charge, safety two and entertainment pack car.
Taking first long trip tomorrow and will get to try out the fast charger.
It is a nice car. I am missing the seats of the Volt and I liked the lower seating position but other than that so far so good.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
.... So good now to have 2 plug ins that have liquid cooled batteries, and I don't have to worry about the massive battery degradation like I have with my Leaf.
Let's not forget this time of year they are liquid heated batteries!

GM is still one of the best EV manufacturers when it comes to TMS for the battery pack.

Some later Leaf's had a rudimentary battery heating system added, but basically the Leaf battery is on it's own when unplugged or being driven.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts