GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
As consumers we can also stop the practice as well. If you don't buy above MSRP then dealers aren't going to sell above MSRP. I think the vast majority of posters here are buying at MSRP, which, I might add, is a darn good deal for dealers given that (1) when was the last time you bought a vehicle at MSRP and (2) the dealers don't need to inventory a car they can sell immediately. If you live on the East Coast call Neal Diamond, he seems to have an unending supply of Volts selling at MSRP. If you're in SoCal call Roger Stewart at George Chevrolet where Noel Park is buying his car. Or look in the forums for other referrals. There are lots of alternatives.
And if you're in the Bay Area, call Kurt Mietz at Fremont Chevrolet.

Overall I agree. There's nothing that forces you to buy a car. Moreover, it is not a commodity you need during a civil emergency... To reiterate the above point, if you don't want to pay above MSRP, then find a dealer that doesn't charge above MSRP, or don't buy the product. The alternative scenario I can see emerging is that individuals will buy vehicles just to resell them at a profit themselves. I'd rather see the additional monies go to a dealer than a scalper. If would-be customers hold back en masse, then the market will adjust accordingly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.