GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear GM,

I read one of your GM Next blog articles today (http://blog.gmnext.com/?p=202) and was really excited to see you are offering fuel cell test drives for three months (Project Driveway) to American drivers. I think it's a great way to showcase a new technology and show people through word of mouth and proof of concept that alternative fuel vehicles are a reality, and one that GM hopes to sell very soon.

My suggestion is to take Project Driveway and apply it to the Chevy Volt as soon as it is available, much like you applied it to the Chevy Equinox Fuel Cell vehicle ("Project 110", or perhaps your marketing and public relations people could come up with a name that is a bit more clever).

But don't just choose Volt enthusiasts as the drivers. Choose every-day people who may have never heard of the Volt, but who would be willing to plug in every night and participate in the program. Maybe pick people who think EVs are "glorified golf carts", or that doubt the performance, ease-of-use, or energy efficiency of such a car. Choose people from all areas, not just one or two big cities. Bring camera crews and record their reactions. Record their experiences every once in a while and see how fast it takes them to fall in love with the Volt.

·
3,689 Posts
Dear GM,

I read one of your GM Next blog articles today (http://blog.gmnext.com/?p=202) and was really excited to see you are offering fuel cell test drives for three months (Project Driveway) to American drivers. I think it's a great way to showcase a new technology and show people through word of mouth and proof of concept that alternative fuel vehicles are a reality, and one that GM hopes to sell very soon.

My suggestion is to take Project Driveway and apply it to the Chevy Volt as soon as it is available, much like you applied it to the Chevy Equinox Fuel Cell vehicle ("Project 110", or perhaps your marketing and public relations people could come up with a name that is a bit more clever).

But don't just choose Volt enthusiasts as the drivers. Choose every-day people who may have never heard of the Volt, but who would be willing to plug in every night and participate in the program. Maybe pick people who think EVs are "glorified golf carts", or that doubt the performance, ease-of-use, or energy efficiency of such a car. Choose people from all areas, not just one or two big cities. Bring camera crews and record their reactions. Record their experiences every once in a while and see how fast it takes them to fall in love with the Volt.
Like Volt reality TV? Brilliant! What a better way to get Americans educated than through their TVs? I like this idea. Just add some sex and drugs to keep things interesting and they won't even know why they have the urge to plug in. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts