GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Volt Premier
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Volt self-dimming mirror assembly with the built-in garage door opener buttons. I installed the mirror correctly and followed the Chamberlain garage door opener learning instructions. No matter what I do, my Chamberlain garage door opener won't learn the opener on the Volt mirror. I even made sure the Volt is powered on during the procedure, and the car is sitting in my garage direcly under the opener. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong? Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Volt Premier
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o.k. Got it figured out. I wasn't waiting long enough for the door to begin to open after programming the desired button. Once I did that, the opener button on the mirror was programmed.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Are you saying that you had to keep the button controlling the door depressed until the door began to open? If so, that is how my factory installed opener, programmed by me, works. Depress until the door begins to move. This delay prevents inadvertent action.

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Volt Premier
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The programming sequence for the mirror states that once the garage door opener (receiver) acknowledges the new remote, the mirror must then go through a series of "blinks" until the garage door begins to open. Once it begins to open, you must press another button on the mirror to complete the programming. My issue was that I wasn't waiting for the garage door to begin to open before I hit another button to end the programming process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts