GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that "really" the production Volt?
Or is it just the old prototype with a gasoline engine?

Just wondering

·
Registered
368 Posts
If it is indeed going to be in Transformers II, then thats probably what the first model year final production version will look like.
Looks like the passenger side charging port is in front of the side mirror.
Also, did anyone notice the wheels? The tires look like they have a reduced profile.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I bet Transformers 2 flops hard. How many people want to go see a 2 hour long ad for a failing car company? I remember being disgusted with Transformers 1 with the showcasing of a bunch of big ugly gas-guzzling monstrosities. That was back before they tried to ditch Hummer, good times.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some things like the tires and the size of the Volt logo are clearly different than the production version will be, but otherwise this is pretty close to what we'll see on the streets in a few years.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If I couldn't see the bow tie emblem and nobody had told me this was a Volt, I would have said that it looks like Toyota is working on a four door Scion TC. It really looks like a TC. To me that is disappointing, but I have fully expected to be disappointed with the production design, so as long as it doesn't look weird or funky like many of the Japanese cars now, I guess I'll live.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts