GM Volt Forum banner

Style of Production Volt versus willingness to buy!

• I like the style of the production Volt and will buy it as priced ~$40K.

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • I don't like the sytle of the production Volt but will buy it anyway as priced ~$40K

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like the style of the production Volt but will buy it if priced at par with the Prius, ~$28K

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • I will no longer buy the production Volt because of its style.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I like the Concept Volt much better and will buy it at ~$40K even if style affects the range.

Votes: 5 15.2%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are tremendous ranges of opinions about the style of the Production Volt. But if you were forced to select from the above choices what would be your best choice?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well, of coarse this poll is loaded with a lot of "it depends on..." situations. I of coarse chose the original concept, but that decision depends on how much range I loose for much better looks. I might buy the production Volt and spend more than the $28k Prius, but that depends on other factors like overall car performance, interior and options. So I must wait and see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes... I am VERY unhappy with what I have seen of the production car so far, to generic and boring for a $40k car. I knew it was going to change, but this car has no soul.... yup, it's a Chevy.... yippee....

Now @ $28k I'd think about it seriously IF the performance was there. Hell maybe even $35k with a NICE option package and the performance as well. I'm not a kid, I'm not looking for an big spoiler. But they could have styled it a LOT better.

I have a 2008 Camry hybrid (LOADED) I bought in March and can honestly say I do NOT like the car. Sticker was $33k+ but I paid quite a bit less because my sister-in-law was the sales person ;) I traded my 2005 Tacoma quad cab for it and it was the worst thing I have ever done vehicle wise. The car can't get out of it's own way in an emergency situation where you need to floor the car and make it go. I can give it a good 5 count before anything real starts to kick in.

BUT... I agree that the most important thing is to get the technology on the road. Then the prices will drop, the performance will go up. And we won’t be stuck with totally wind tunnel sculpted cars that look like they just came out of a Woody Allen movie.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am less enamoured with the production design than what I'd pictured. I'm the kind of person who would pay a premium for better styling.

So, I'd still buy the car and pay a smaller premium for just the technological advantage. I would not pay any premium for the more plain styling.

·
Registered
636 Posts
No

Neither at $40K. $35K tops. That's the line in the sand. I'll just keep adding miles to my current vehicle till the cost comes down. :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why would anyone buy a Volt at $40K when Honda will come out with a hybrid for sub $20K? I WOULD buy the Volt only if it looked like the concept. Now that it looks like a generic Honda Civic I'll wait for the other car companies to come out with something better(and they'll be cheaper too.)

Let's do the math:

If a car is driven 15,000 miles at year at a hybrid fuel consumption of 40 mpg, your average hybrid car will cost you $2250.00 a year at $6.00 a gallon.

Look at those numbers people. A hybrid would cost you $2250.00 in gas per year @ 15,000 miles per year.

It would take a Chevy Volt about 9 years to give you any sort of savings, and this is assuming you spend $0.00 on gas with the Volt.

HMMMM....$40K volt to save ZERO money for the first nine years. What a rip off.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Why would anyone buy a Volt at $40K when Honda will come out with a hybrid for sub $20K? I WOULD buy the Volt only if it looked like the concept. Now that it looks like a generic Honda Civic I'll wait for the other car companies to come out with something better(and they'll be cheaper too.)

Let's do the math:

If a car is driven 15,000 miles at year at a hybrid fuel consumption of 40 mpg, your average hybrid car will cost you $2250.00 a year at $6.00 a gallon.

Look at those numbers people. A hybrid would cost you $2250.00 in gas per year @ 15,000 miles per year.

It would take a Chevy Volt about 9 years to give you any sort of savings, and this is assuming you spend $0.00 on gas with the Volt.

HMMMM....$40K volt to save ZERO money for the first nine years. What a rip off.
LOL
This logic and math is so flawed it's almost humerous.
When you get through high school, come back with your "corrections"...
WopOnTour

·
Registered
38 Posts
There should be a voting option for:
I like the style of the production Volt and I will buy if under 30K.

Besides, the poll is biased.
5 voting options and 4 are negative towards the production Volt? How transparent. LMAO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts