GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The concept Volt was hot! The new one looks like a cross between the malibu and the prius. Looks like the Cool Volt design team got fired and replaced by the Malibu - all that had to go to get it more aerodynamic? GM - You had a knock it out of the park design that would have beat Toyota - and everyone for that matter. Why did you have to average it down so much?

·
Registered
200 Posts
The concept Volt was hot! The new one looks like a cross between the malibu and the prius. Looks like the Cool Volt design team got fired and replaced by the Malibu - all that had to go to get it more aerodynamic? GM - You had a knock it out of the park design that would have beat Toyota - and everyone for that matter. Why did you have to average it down so much?
Bloody buggering hell! Everyone's whining about it not looking exactly like the (highly impractical) concept car, but if it comes to market with a 15-mile electric range, no headroom, no cargo space and a cramped back seat, everyone will say GM is stupid for trying to sell such an impractical car. Get a GRIP, people, this car is about fuel efficiency first, within a range of packaging that gets a practical 4-seater car. If they came out with something that looked exactly like the concept that was useless, it would be laughable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think that a lower angle will make it look a lot better than the complete picture that was cobbled together from the ones GM leaked. For example, this picture looks better:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it is great

Great looking car!!!!

Options will probably include some nice upgrades trim packages and wheel options. Also different colors will make a big difference too!

Try fire red, copper, or dark blue metallic- (for example)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Why did you have to average it down so much?
Because that's what the wind tunnel does. Given a set of design parameters, going into the tunnel, the result will be largely narrowed down to the same conclusion no matter who runs the tests. This is why cars will look more and more alike as fuel economy becomes a priority. Sad but true.

In addition, GM is no doubt hoping for some Toyota conquest sales and those Toyota owners are pretty happy with thier Camrys, Corrolas and Priuses. Not having to make them adjust their thinking or feelings about their new car too much, GM is giving them something that is kind of familiar. Think about it, if you were trying to win over a bunch of Camero owners, you wouldn't style your new competing muscle car to look like a Camry even if it was faster and better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is no hope for this car I have looked at tons of pics from different angles look at the transformers II pics the volt is in the movie and it looks bad no matter what angle. Im highly disappointed at GM. At least the 2010 comaro looks good so far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think that a lower angle will make it look a lot better than the complete picture that was cobbled together from the ones GM leaked. For example, this picture looks better:
I think it's "okay." I can live with the styling but I'm not sure whether I can afford the price, yet, or not. I was hoping for a price in the upper the Prius range.

If you reacall, Prius deliberately lost money on every Prius for the first 4 or 5 years. The reason they did this was to bring down production costs via economies of scale and to build market share and brand loyalty. Now they're making a profit on them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great looking car!!!!

Options will probably include some nice upgrades trim packages and wheel options. Also different colors will make a big difference too!

Try fire red, copper, or dark blue metallic- (for example)
GM already makes a "Performance Red Tintcoat" for their G5 that would look really good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts