GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting for this! They are now in STOCK and I have one in the car now!

Looks awesome (OEM) and installs like a breeze! Order it with a USB cable and your Google Maps is always connected! No fiddling with cables! No affiliation with them...but used many of their mounts on other vehicles.

Chevrolet Volt 2016 Dashboard Mounts

Part # 835233 $29.99 USD

NOTE: phone or tablet specific adapter for this mount is extra!

Find and order it here: http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-mounts/vehicle/chevrolet/volt/2016.cmsv

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome, look attractive however look like little pain in the butt due to my job at Amazon delivery and I need something near top dash easier to keep my eyes on street and easier nano seconds look at smartphone gps navigation without look down which is not safe for me as driving in Austin downtown with all crazed drivers out there.

Safety is my priority so. Forgive my English grammar sucks. It is not my first language.

·
Registered
638 Posts
chrootz, if you have CarPlay capability, you can display your maps on the center display...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks V/m just ordered 2 sets for me and my wife's cars...

·
Registered
44 Posts
chrootz, if you have CarPlay capability, you can display your maps on the center display...
Yes, biggest issue problem for me is being deaf and it doesn't let me input as keyboard as to make a input addresses and etc. it doesn't let me doing it and it only allowed input via Siri voice. That's why!

Any tips solution? Thanks

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Love American business's but this product just doesn't make sense for the Gen2...AA/CP display larger maps, if you want to use wireless charging you wouldn't need this and looking down at maps isn't as safe as a windshield section cup/gooseneck mount which can be had for $5 shipped for the top iphone/samsungs...Lastly this mounts 6" away from a cell phone slot...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Any idea how this compares to the VoltPhone?
Great question, froggert! I can only do a comparison from the pics as I have not seen the ProClip in person. The Proclip looks much more bulky than the VoltPhone g2. In addition, it puts the phone much further away from the driver, and partly in the way of the passenger's space and comfort. That is one of the specific issues that led me to develop the VoltPhone in the first place. I also don't think the ProClip can be used on either dash pillar. The VoltPhone can be and several customers have put one on each pillar so the passenger can have a very convenient place for their own phone. Added to all of that is a substantially higher cost. No question, it is a quality product and if it suits your desires it should work well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry, but not a good design. This puts the phone down too low and makes it too easy for the drive to take his eyes off the road. It needs to be mounted higher up beside the screen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry, but not a good design. This puts the phone down too low and makes it too easy for the drive to take his eyes off the road. It needs to be mounted higher up beside the screen.
agreed as amazon delivery driver. Not good to take my eyes off the road.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only if you use Apple's awful maps app. Google Maps, Waze, and other third-party maps don't work on CarPlay and probably never will; Apple seems to want the monopoly for their inferior app.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It also seems like it would poke the right-seat passenger in the knee. I have used ProClip mounts for years, but I won't use this one for both safety and comfort reasons. In all fairness to ProClipUSA, though, I don't see a good place in my '17 Volt for a dash mount. If they could just display the phone's screen on the center screen (this part seems easy enough), and send screen touch signals back to the phone (that part might be a bit harder), I think that would be ideal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Proclip makes a generic mount that will sit on the dash by the windshield. I find that position preferable.

I have loved their custom 'fits like a glove' phone holder -- except when I change phones and need to buy a new one ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Proclip makes a generic mount that will sit on the dash by the windshield. I find that position preferable.

I have loved their custom 'fits like a glove' phone holder -- except when I change phones and need to buy a new one ;)
Great tip about their suction mount. Their phone holder piece is the brilliance of their system and this version of the mount makes that even more useful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts