GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo again.
I have a problem with tail lights in Ampera. It appears to be leaky and some mist gathers inside, so during the sunny day, its hazy. As far as i know, the tail lamp is undemountable, so maybe anybody know, how to fix it?
maybe some drilling at the side?
Automotive parking light Car Tire Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Grille

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 110k+ Miles
1,129 Posts
Had the same issue with my Gen1, but it was replaced under warranty. I'd pull the unit and seal around the seam after drying it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouside part (smaller one) is hard to umount from car. I thought, drilling would be good choice. To unmount, rear dumper should be taken off. Thats why Im thinking about drilling.

the inside one (bigger one, from the back door) is easy unmountable, so your advice can be easydone.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Seal is bad. Technically not replaceable, but i have read where folks used a head gun to break the glue loose and reseal. Other than that, just drill a small hole in the bottom to let the trapped water out.

·
Premium Member
2012 Volt Premium (Cyber Gray Metallic) - Stock
620 Posts
I’m not sure if the seals are user replaceable, but a body shop was able to do this for me for not much $$$ (about $95 per light). Maybe you could find someone that is an expert in headlight repair in your area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts