GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So today I have put my volt to charge. But the charger just says "Waiting" and nothing happens. I have waited for almost two hours now, still nothing. The 12V battery has died on me, can it be the reason my car doesn't charge?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes... The car will protect itself from possible damage at all costs. It's really crazy smart in that regard. Have you replaced the 12V yet?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes... The car will protect itself from possible damage at all costs. It's really crazy smart in that regard. Have you replaced the 12V yet?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Does it have to be replaced or can I just charge it? The car has not been driven for a few weeks that's why 12v has died

·
Registered
2013 Volt
1,593 Posts
Does it have to be replaced or can I just charge it? The car has not been driven for a few weeks that's why 12v has died
Unless the 12V has been depleted below the point of no return, you should be able to charge it via the terminals under the hood. You just need to get enough of a charge that it can run the computers that then evaluate whether it is OK to allow the charging to commence. Once charging of the traction battery begins, the DC-DC converter will take over charging the 12V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts