GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the problem I would encounter is that no audio would play in my Volt speakers when the phone is connected via Bluetooth. Specifically, I would have Google Maps on, and while the phone app is showing me the map and giving me directions to get to my destination, there is no audio coming out of the phone nor in the Volt.

To get around this, I disconnect Bluetooth and my phone's audio would work. I thought this was just a quirk with the S4 and just put up with it. I just use maps occasionally and when I do, I turned off Bluetooth.

I recently got a Moto G4 Plus, and now I see that the same problem is occurring: no Google Maps audio when connected to the car via Bluetooth. I did the same workaround so that audio for the phone is on.

Is anyone else having this issue? Was it a software fix (a trip to the dealer)? I thought I'd ask here before contacting the Volt Advisor.
:confused:

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
If you switch from maps to music and play a song, can you hear the song?

·
Registered
262 Posts
There's a settings in maps where you can tell the maps audio to play through the phone but it leaves the other audios through the Bluetooth. It's in the navigation settings where "Play voice over bluetooth" can be toggled on or off. I'll bet yours is on and if you turn it off it will fix this problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a settings in maps where you can tell the maps audio to play through the phone but it leaves the other audios through the Bluetooth. It's in the navigation settings where "Play voice over bluetooth" can be toggled on or off. I'll bet yours is on and if you turn it off it will fix this problem.
Jeff, I checked the setting on Google Maps and "Play voice over Bluetooth" is turned ON. I'll turn it OFF and see how it goes, though the setting seems to be in reverse of what it says, if that makes sense...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you switch from maps to music and play a song, can you hear the song?
canehdian, Music plays from my phone through Bluetooth audio on my Volt.

I agree, it's worded strangely. Hope it works out.
Jeff, The setting worked! I could hear the voice directions on my phone with Google Maps once I changed the setting. Thanks again for the assist! FYI, this also worked for my leased 2016 Cruze Limited.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
You got your answer but that first step is an easy way to eliminate the connection with phone to vehicle or if it's a setting completely within the phone apps :)

Glad you got it worked out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts