GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon! Faced with a problem here! :( After an accident in my volt changed (CONTROL MODULE DRIVE MOTOR GEN) from another volts, but in this module stitched vin number of the car from the factory manufacturer. When you try to read and corrected by MDI and GSD2 writes that the function is disabled. What to do? We (Belarus) no dealer service chevrolet. Maybe someone faced with the problem of flashing (CONTROL MODULE DRIVE MOTOR GEN) please inform on how to solve it. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Where did you get a right-hand-drive Volt? :) Much less two of them to swap parts?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good afternoon! Faced with a problem here! :( After an accident in my volt changed (CONTROL MODULE DRIVE MOTOR GEN) from another volts, but in this module stitched vin number of the car from the factory manufacturer. When you try to read and corrected by MDI and GSD2 writes that the function is disabled. What to do? We (Belarus) no dealer service chevrolet. Maybe someone faced with the problem of flashing (CONTROL MODULE DRIVE MOTOR GEN) please inform on how to solve it. Thank you in advance.
This the reason there are a bajillion bulletins from GM saying not to swap parts on Global A Vehicles. Many (not quite all but most!) modules are now one shots, they get initial programming and can no longer be reprogrammed for a different vehicle at the dealer/service level.

·
Registered
660 Posts
This the reason there are a bajillion bulletins from GM saying not to swap parts on Global A Vehicles. Many (not quite all but most!) modules are now one shots, they get initial programming and can no longer be reprogrammed for a different vehicle at the dealer/service level.
.... So how much of the original vehicle would you have to transplant to make it a matching set ?

Bastard decision of GM at work if that the case - they really don't won't you to keep the car for too long do they?

Looks like when Vintage Volts turn up classic car shows in the future they we be sporting after market drive and controllers.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sounds like the 10 year mark for our Volt's will mark the end of surplus parts and all but guaranty these cars will be scrapped out due to one basic part no longer available?

If GM did this to the truck line of engine control modules, they wouldn't sell them for too long!

So, if GM is only mandated to supply parts for a car for 10 years, considering the part is no longer used in the 'version' or physical configuration in a decade, these Volt's will all be scrapped out for one failed part? That would make the Volt one of the most 'un-green' vehicles out there when you consider that, other than the traction battery, only 60% of the car's hulk is recycled. I will consider this concern if I must replace it due to accident or 'better deal' on another make/model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think that this module is not possible to reprogram?

·
1,027 Posts
It's possible to reprogram. You have to do a whole BCM setup and run a relearn codes and there's also a very good chance if the part numbers are not exact it will brick the whole car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to replace the ABS brake module. Now I get the codes
abs module
u0126
b3902
in hybrid powertrain model u0129 and in pdf
How do I reprogram to get the car to recognize the new ABS module part?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had to replace the ABS brake module. Now I get the codes
abs module
u0126
b3902
in hybrid powertrain model u0129 and in pdf
How do I reprogram to get the car to recognize the new ABS module part?
You need someone to clear the immo security error (b3902) before you can program it correctly. If you replaced abs with newer module you need to replace steering sensor (u0126) in the steering wheel to clear code because it's due to an incompatibility with the newer and unit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dang, I missed this .Can you explain how this is done? I was trying to replace this as a test for that P1B03 drive motor 1 signal loss code as a last resort before replacing the transmission. Should I have pulled yhe BCM out of that same donor?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts