GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

In the midwest...

Looking at a "new" 2018. Never been titled, just demo miles. 3,000 miles. Here is the dealers asking price and some extra info:

MSRP: $41,720

-$6843 dealer discount

-$2000 Chevy rebate

Final: $32,877

They are also advertising -$1,500 for "loyalty offer" "Loyalty program available to customers who currently lease a 2012 or newer Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, or GMC through Ally, GM Financial, or US Bank. Customers are not required to terminate their current lease or trade in their vehicle. Offer is transferable to individuals residing in the same household."

My hunch is this loyalty offer is matchable by dealer/should show I have at least $1,500 to move.

Thoughts

I've read others claiming as much as $14,000 off MSRP for 18's. I suspect this is before fees, taxes, etc?

Again, this car has 3,000 demo miles

Even with the miles, I'd be happy with $14k off MSRP I suspect. I want to go in tomorrow with a super aggressive offer, but not so aggressive that we don't get a deal done.

I was thinking about going in and telling them I'll close if they get me to $27,720 out the door, I don't care how they get there. That would be $14,000 below MSRP, OUT THE DOOR. Any comments/suggestions/is that in the realm of possibility?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just paid $32,000 for a $41,150 MSRP car that had 8 miles on it. I didn't have a lease to get the additional $1,500 incentive. This employee discount thing is the first time they've had aggressive pricing on Volts in the last 3 years. I've been looking and am on my third Volt.

You have ZERO chance of buying a new Volt for $14k off MSRP (unless you're counting the tax credit), even if it's been in the demo program.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just paid $32,000 for a $41,150 MSRP car that had 8 miles on it. I didn't have a lease to get the additional $1,500 incentive. This employee discount thing is the first time they've had aggressive pricing on Volts in the last 3 years. I've been looking and am on my third Volt.

You have ZERO chance of buying a new Volt for $14k off MSRP (unless you're counting the tax credit), even if it's been in the demo program.
Thanks.

$41,150 was out the door or before tax and fees?

And you are saying you used an employee discount?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I got 14K off my first Volt, which I bought in 2014 as a 2013 leftover. However, a couple things going for that deal would be hard to repeat (I couldn't when I bought my '17). It was the last day of the month & quarter. I drove two hours to the middle of truck country where they knew it wouldn't sell. AND, in 2014 they dropped 5K off MSRP for the 2014s. It's amazing how expensive the first Volts really were.

Putting that all together, the 31K I paid for that 45K MSRP Volt would make ANY loaded Volt in the 30-32K range a smoking deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's "new" for the tax credit as far as I can tell. I got pretty much the same thing. Had everything but adaptive cruise and 4500 miles. I am not sure it is "new" for the state tax credit but I am going to give it a shot. Check to see if they started the warranty clock ticking.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The numbers I mentioned are before taxes and registration fees. It's hard to compare "out the door" prices because of all the different state tax rates.

Comparing gen 1 and gen 2 volt prices is night and day. There used to be killer deals on the gen 1 cars. That never existed on the gen 2 cars. Back then, you had the overstated MSRP which they were compensating for plus all the GM incentives that used to exist - yellow tag, private offer, Volt owner loyalty, etc. I got $12k off MSRP on my 2015 Volt and probably more off my 2013, although that one was leased so I don't remember the details.

Chevy has their employee pricing sale on right now. Like I mentioned, this is the best deal I've seen on the gen 2 Volt and I've been on and off looking for 2 years. In my prior attempts to purchase a gen 2 they wouldn't budge past $4-5k off MSRP. Getting $9k off right now is the best I've seen.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I got 7200 off my 18 LT last month but that was sitting on the lot for 9 mos and was before the employee pricing deal. Should do well now on 18s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts