GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have it charging in very hot or cold weather and want to precondition temps using wall power I just need to turn it on, right?

Can I use the fob remote start for that with CC set in advance? What is range of fob to do that?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I haven't used the key fob for preconditioning only the on star app, but it should be the same. All you do is tell it to start and it will do the temperature adjustment for you. If you are using level 1 evse, you will loss a bit of range, level 2 will keep up with usage.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
If I have it charging in very hot or cold weather and want to precondition temps using wall power I just need to turn it on, right?

Can I use the fob remote start for that with CC set in advance? What is range of fob to do that?
I've only used the the fob from a nearby room - pantry leading to the garage. With the fob, you first LOCK the vehicle, then remote start. It won't do the remote start without the vehicle being locked. The temperature is the only setting I've ever had to bother with. The fan seems to default to full blast no matter where it was left when the vehicle was on. When you manually start up, it reverts to the setting it was on when you last left the vehicle - that's been our experience.

As Ghostgs1 pointed out, L2 keeps you closer to full charge than L1 - summer or winter.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Yes you can use the Key Fob as stated by locking the doors then using the remote start button. Set the CC where you want it or set it to Auto. If it is line of sight it can be almost a football field in length depending on the battery.

However, regardless of age, you have access to the OnStar RemoteLink app which gives you all the KeyFob functions. You can start it around the world if you wanted too.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I have used the fob from the second floor of the office. Has a fairly long range. Sometimes I use OnStar app if I don't have LOS.

I always use auto at 74F. Either way, when I get in the car it is blasting air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts