GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
21,218 Posts
The Volt doesn't need it. You can buy a fair amount of gas for $67/month to supplement the battery range. And I have found the Bolt range to be worry-free.

·
Administrator
21,218 Posts

·
Administrator
21,218 Posts
Where'd you find those numbers? The email response I got was the run around and the website didn't show anything.
lol, there is this thing I use called Google Search. :)

That said, the ZipCharge Go isn't available yet. According to InsideEVs, the startup plans to release a 4 kWh and an 8 kWh version, as well as to start deliveries in the fourth quarter of 2022. It can be leased for at least £49 (US$67) per month, though it will also be available for purchase to EV owners who don't mind paying for one and to businesses like hotels that don't have installed charging facilities. While ZipCharge has yet to reveal a price for it, The Sunday Times Driving section says the company aims to sell it for around the same cost as a 7.2kW home charging port installation.

For a Volt owner, a waste of money. Your car came with an awesome electric generator built in. No need fill up the cargo space with a heavy suitcase that could become an airborne killer in a crash. This might be more attractive for an EV like the Bolt, but having one of those too, I don't see the need. I never have range anxiety with the either the Volt or Bolt.

Reactions: Christian777
1 - 3 of 3 Posts