GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is new and haven't seen this posted before. With my 2016 Volt, once I put into park, hit the e-brake then hit the off switch. normally, all as expected, the radio stays on until the door is opened and the will all turns off...But, if the door is opened too quickly after the off button is pressed the radio and dash lights stay on, even after you exit and close the door and lock the car. The radio just keeps playing and all the dash is lit up....Noticed it the first time when I returned to the car hours later and the radio was playing...Anybody else? Maybe a software update?
Chris

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Don't remember anyone posting about this. Note that all should all shut down after some period.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I have confused my ELR by pressing the stop switch and simultaneously opening the door. The car was off but the chime was dinging like the car was on. It was fine on the next cycle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have noticed this happening when I forget and have my iPhone plugged in and leave it in the car. I do not use bluetooth. I plug it into the USB and then use Apple car play. The car will seem off, then I will open the door and Metallica will start blasting out with my door open. I am learning quickly to disconnect the phone before opening the door.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Make sure a Bluetooth device is not still connected, I seem to remember people saying that could keep the radio on
That's been addressed quite a while ago. Not sure if GM came up with a patch or the phone manufacturers changed things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts