GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have it less than 1 yr - 2014 model.

I recall that when I bought it - if I remove the Chargepoint charger before opening a door, it alarms.

It doesn't do it! How it happened? Can it turn off automatically?

How do I bring it back on? Is it covered under Voltec warranty?

Update:
I might have found the answer:

·
Administrator
20,155 Posts
Car must be locked for the alarm to go off

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yes locked - I charge outside my home - so always locked.
Naturally turned off?
No, not naturally. If you had the recall programming done for the cell balancing, that resets a lot of the parameters in the options menu.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, not naturally. If you had the recall programming done for the cell balancing, that resets a lot of the parameters in the options menu.
Recall was done before I purchased it.
If the charging is complete, will it not alarm? I checked the settings today - the bix is checked.
I need to test it next time I go to charge!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had posted a thread over a year ago Charge~Cord~Theft~Alert~Not~Working. I recently had to have my vehicle receive its annual state inspection and had a few issues addressed, this being one of them. It just so happens that their 2017 loaner Volt had the same issue. After a few different attempts to make the alarm function as it should as recommended by a technician in the head office, they performed the following procedure which corrected the problem: Applied dielectric grease to connectors and HPCM2 to correct cord theft. I was told there was a moisture condition inside the connectors. I also learned, and I am sure other members might not know this, but it was demonstrated to me that the alarm only functions with the 120 volt charger. It does not function with a 220 volt charger or if you use the OEM charger at 220 volts. I had a 2016 premier. I was told that the vehicle only detects the 120v portable due to the powers to be believing it would be used as it is implied, a portable charger, unlike a 240v which is normally hard wired/charging station not easily stolen.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was your repair part of Voltec warranty?

When it worked, it was at 240V by Chargepoint - they do not have 120V right - it charges at about 3.3kWh - besides it takes about 4.5hrs to charge fully?

Also, would the alarm functionality be different from charger to charger? Grease fix seems minor issue!

·
Registered
53 Posts
The fix was out of pocket. I had a 2016 at the time. I know people on here said that it doesn't matter if it was a 120 or 220 charge cord, the alarm sounded on their vehicles. Well I guess my car didn't have that theft feature since it was demonstrated to me when I picked the vehicle up that it only recognized the 120 not the 220

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It turned out, mine is working.
I opened the hatch before removing the power cord - that is why it did not alarm!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts