GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am in Toronto, Canada and I am looking into buying a 2014 ELR .... am hoping some of you can help me with the following:

1. how can I tell if it's equipped with adaptive cruise control? The 2 cars which are available in Canada are 350 miles away from me....when I inquired from the dealers, they are unsure if it has ACC or not. Both cars are being sold by Cadillac/GM.

2. is there anything in particular which I should be concerned about the 2014 models?

3. winter rims ... which other GM car rims would fit the ELR?

I thank you all in advanced for viewing/posting your replies.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
get a close up of the steering wheel and the front emblems,,then post them.then we can tell you if its there or not.not sure on the rims.

·
1,027 Posts
If the front emblem is flat plastic or has any black in it, around it, it is acc. If it's metal, and raised it's non acc.

The ELR is pretty solid. Check the cue screen for dead spots or cracking around edges. That's the biggest thing. Especially the lower middle of the screen. Original WILL go bad and it's $$$$ out of warranty.

Does it have warranty? Mines b2b for 3 more years. Some 2014 will be out of warranty this year.

ELR has 20" tires. It has quite large brakes, I think the smallest is some 16" but it's quite tight. The car is very low. There's not a lot of room. That said the car is really heavy. Even on snows it's tough. And it has NO ground clearance. It is not a winter car. I know lots of people who ditched the ELR for its inability to do real winter duty, it is way way worse than the volt. If you live anywhere you need to do driving in any accumulation, you aren't going to like it. It's going to bust up the front end and sides over 3".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the front emblem is flat plastic or has any black in it, around it, it is acc. If it's metal, and raised it's non acc.

The ELR is pretty solid. Check the cue screen for dead spots or cracking around edges. That's the biggest thing. Especially the lower middle of the screen. Original WILL go bad and it's $$$$ out of warranty.

Does it have warranty? Mines b2b for 3 more years. Some 2014 will be out of warranty this year.

ELR has 20" tires. It has quite large brakes, I think the smallest is some 16" but it's quite tight. The car is very low. There's not a lot of room. That said the car is really heavy. Even on snows it's tough. And it has NO ground clearance. It is not a winter car. I know lots of people who ditched the ELR for its inability to do real winter duty, it is way way worse than the volt. If you live anywhere you need to do driving in any accumulation, you aren't going to like it. It's going to bust up the front end and sides over 3".
Thank you for your reply.

Based on the pictures I posted in the previous reply, it seems like it is flat plastic and black surrounding. ACC it is? :)

The dealership is offering 2 years extended warranty...which I plan to purchase it. So CUE should be covered if anything goes wrong....which I hope it doesn't.

Even with winter tires the ELR is no good?? Last winter I drove the Volt with all season tires and I managed :) ... if it snows more than 3-6 inches, generally I don't drive and wait till the roads are plowed..but at times I do get caught when its snowing...hopefully with winter tire it should get me safely.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
based on the steering wheel,the 2 cars w/ the lines betw. them says its acc.
No acc. will have a star betw. the cars.
heres 1 w/ acc, look at the steering wheel and emblem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts