GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now is the time, at the end of the month to post our sales guesstimates for the month of March!
We can see the inventory of Volts on cars.com that grew a bit; it seems relatively stable at around 6500 Volts.

Personnaly, I would guess 2653 Volts delivered in March, and am hoping to be even too low.

Francois
B2653

PS: I just completed my first year of Volt ownership today, and I am fully satisfied with my uber car! :cool:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
So, they produced 3,300 in a short month, so I am going to say they dropped 3,500 to dealerships. The month started with 5,400 Volts in inventory, and we are currently at 6,522. Lets just say we make it to 6,600 in the next 3 days. That should mean sales of 3,500-1,200=2,300. I would be THRILLED if we are back over 2,000.

But my guess is 2,300.

I think as the refund checks start moving in, as they came late this year, April will be a better month.

The bad news, is even at 2,300, it would be the first year over year sales decline the Volt has had. plenty of reasonable reasons why, but it won't stop the media from talking about it. For that reason, I'd love to see 2,500.

With inventories so high, I am expecting deep discounting in the next 2-3 months.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's hard to deliver a car that is not on the lot!
To have a chance to get more volume sales for the Volt, there is a need to have higher inventories.
When sales will be at 3000 Volts per month, 6500 cars is only a bit over 2 months (60 days) of inventory.
That is the exact target car companies want. So, is the inventory that high?
well, it depends on how sales statistics goes, and how is the marketing about the Volt also goes.
In Quebec, I don't see any marketing for the Volt. How is it for the U.S. ?
Considering the uber low marketing effort, the Volt does pretty well!

Francois
B2653

·
4,871 Posts
GM needs to keep volume higher, and not get cold feet. People want to walk in and buy a color/configuration they like, not wait months for their own build. Hopefully keeping inventories higher will lead to higher sales; if not in March, then April.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I posted a thread late last month/early this month that I thought a shutdown was upon us. I still do. But they are now at what I think is the maximum inventory based on sales figures of even 3,000 a month.

There are more Volts in the LA area than Chevy Cruzes.

GM needs to push big discounts and get the sales train moving again.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'm going to be positive, so put me down for 2920.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
1898 in sales for march and then a two month shutdown notice ... No way GM is going to keep building with this much inventory

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
1898 in sales for march and then a two month shutdown notice ... No way GM is going to keep building with this much inventory
Hmm. My local Chevy dealers list having just 2 Volts each in stock (if they even still have those) Though one has plans to sell 30 by end of June.

Where is all this inventory hiding? who is "hoarding"??!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hmm. My local Chevy dealers list having just 2 Volts each in stock (if they even still have those) Though one has plans to sell 30 by end of June.

Where is all this inventory hiding? who is "hoarding"??!
There are quite a few on the lots around here. Anyway, I'm going with my traditional 3000. Go Volt!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
2222 for no particular reason.

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
March 2893 :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
2380 for me :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
2420. Shutdown and discounts looming. Unless the Malibu is picking up and they can scale production.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
And that number will be a little low.
GM has had record inventory for nearly a month and the numbers will reflect that. Besides, March sales/leases are usually double February.
This is going to be a breakout month for the Volt. And GM is not going to shutdown production until the MY change over in June. OK, now I am simply wishing for that to be.
Keep building up the inventory, GM, I need a great lease deal! I meet with the Condo Association tonight to get the ok to plug a Volt in!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Based on my Local dealer having had 10 Volts on the lot at the beginning of the month, and only 4 now, I will guess 3002.

·
Registered
392 Posts
First time playing the guessing game and will go on the optimistic side with 3001. I think GM has a better handle on forecasting and the increased production is a positive sign, not a sign of an imminent production shutdown and same-same sales figures.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts