GM Volt Forum banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Those are some sick wheels. Alas, when I went from OEM17’s to 18s, I was constantly cracking and bending rims and the ride was much harsher. Of course I live in IL where we got many potholes that love te chew up rims.it got so bad that whe I could no longer buy replacement rims 1 at a time because they stopped making my particular rim, I went back to 17s.

·
Registered
2011 Volt Premium
3 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are the specs of the BBS wheels? What tire size and are you on lowering springs? That's the size and stance I want for next summer!

Reactions: Horus616

·
Registered
2013 Volt, 2020 Bolt
58 Posts

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Here she is....
Very nice... though with everything murdered out, I'm surprised you left the chrome on the sides exposed. I think it might be cool to make that neon blue or green (or whatever color strikes your fancy). Plum Purple?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very nice... though with everything murdered out, I'm surprised you left the chrome on the sides exposed. I think it might be cool to make that neon blue or green (or whatever color strikes your fancy). Plum Purple?
Thank you, maybe down the road, not a bad idea...or a "chrome delete"..

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Thank you, maybe down the road, not a bad idea...or a "chrome delete"..
I've changed the color of the at chrome and black plastic on the sides of my volt multiple times using plastidip. My favorite was turquoise chameleon which color shifted between aqua and purple depending on the angle. The cool part is if you don't like it, peel it off. The bad part is it only lasts 2-3 years then you have to spray over it or if you let it go too long, you have to peel it off and start over. My next project is to make the entire car white trying to match my diamond tricoat. I was successful in doing that with my Chevy and Volt logos on the back as well as my custom wheels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've changed the color of the at chrome and black plastic on the sides of my volt multiple times using plastidip. My favorite was turquoise chameleon which color shifted between aqua and purple depending on the angle. The cool part is if you don't like it, peel it off. The bad part is it only lasts 2-3 years then you have to spray over it or if you let it go too long, you have to peel it off and start over. My next project is to make the entire car white trying to match my diamond tricoat. I was successful in doing that with my Chevy and Volt logos on the back as well as my custom wheels.
Do you have any pics? That sounds awesome, I have become very familiar with plastidip

·
Registered
26 Posts
I utilized plasti dip for the front grill

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Volt Premium
3 Posts
Did a wheel bearing today and decided to throw the new summer tires on... Since COVID I don’t commute anymore, but my wife loves the Volt and only drives it 10 miles a day to and from work... I’m sure the roof rack and wheels and tires reduce the range, but we don’t care. We love it and a don’t want to sell it!

141 - 160 of 173 Posts