GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Here are a few of mine. The first couple are just after a cleaning.
The third one is of my car, charging behind my father's G1 Volt at his house. The last is of mine where I park every other work day and a Fit avoiding being ICE'd by maxing out the length of the charge cord.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Looks awesome dipped on the grey!
Thanks, It didn't take as long to get everything taped off as I had envisioned.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Here's one from the back and a better quality of one from the front. The shop I took it too did a great job. Especially making the black vinyl flush with the edge of the rear windshield. Literally in LOVE with this car. Can't stop talking about it with everyone haha! Plus seeing all these pics of other Volts gives me great ideas of other mods to do to mine.

Ya thats what I wanted to do if I had gotten a white Volt but no whites were available at the time. Black, silver and that pepperdust were the only colors on the lot. I've never been a fan of silver but on cars that have prominent lines and curves its really nice. Sort of regret not choosing silver now!

And may I suggest a few things...

- Gloss black rims
- Black out front grills and bowties
- Black license plate

Will look killer with black rims!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here are a few of mine. The first couple are just after a cleaning.
The third one is of my car, charging behind my father's G1 Volt at his house. The last is of mine where I park every other work day and a Fit avoiding being ICE'd by maxing out the length of the charge cord.
Any issues with running the charge cord that way or do you not charge outside with the garage door down?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Any issues with running the charge cord that way or do you not charge outside with the garage door down?
I don't think I understand the question. In the third picture, I'm at my parents house, parked behind my father's Volt. The garage door is open so I could access his EVSE, which had plenty of length to reach my car.
In the fourth picture you'll see a Carolla ICE'ing an EV parking space and the Honda Fit EV using the cord to it's fullest to reach it. The cord in that picture was tweaked pretty hard and was likely putting a lot of strain on both the port and plug. Not advised.

·
Registered
255 Posts
... I've never been a fan of silver ...
I wholeheartedly agree. Way too many of them. BUT, the Volt's silver does indeed look nice ... very nice.

Just put the first coat of Zaino on the car. Seriously thinking of getting a clear bra kit on Amazon tonight.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I wholeheartedly agree. Way too many of them. BUT, the Volt's silver does indeed look nice ... very nice.

Just put the first coat of Zaino on the car. Seriously thinking of getting a clear bra kit on Amazon tonight.

Sheesh! I really really REALLY regret not waiting a month for that pearl white to come in!!!

Gawgeous

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ordinarily choose some darker variant of silver/grey because it doesn't look dirty as quickly as white or black cars do, and I derive no pleasure from cleaning my car every week. Alas, what the dealer had available was white, which looks quite nice (especially the first day after it is cleaned).

·
Registered
322 Posts

Looks beautiful. The grille and the lights look slightly tinted. Is that just my imagination?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I ordinarily choose some darker variant of silver/grey because it doesn't look dirty as quickly as white or black cars do, and I derive no pleasure from cleaning my car every week. Alas, what the dealer had available was white, which looks quite nice (especially the first day after it is cleaned).
White cars actually hide dirt and scratches very well.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have a Gray 2013 and Light Blue 2013. The Gray shows dirt very quickly. The Light Blue hides dirt better than any color of car I have ever had.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Took me a while to get around to posting these. First pics are from the day I picked it up and sitting beside my trade in 2014....for 10 minutes I owned both cars on account of me signing the gen2 ownership before signing my 2014 off to the dealer...I tried to delay as long as possible so I could say I owned 2 volts! :)

Still plan on painting or plasti-dipping the pockets of the wheels, but I've plastidipped the bowtie and had the windows tinted. Didn't think I would have gone with the blue a year ago when gen2 was first shown off, but I'm really liking it now :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keepin' it local

Not only in Kinetic Blue, but with the panels that charge it!
Those two people standing next to the car? They're just some locals...:)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts