GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2017 Volt LT with the standard wheels and I'm starting to think toward the winter season. I kinda like a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires and I usually just change them at home. With local tire stores (the good ones that take care not to mess up your wheels!) the mount/dismount charge is ~$60 to $75. So across three years of spring/winter changes you're looking at almost $400 anyway.

Does anyone know if you can buy the wheels directly from Chevy? Any place online to see the specs and cost? Are there any 3rd parties internet sites that are selling OEM genuine wheels that haven't been refurbished from other Volts?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I have been tempted to sell my OEM Goodyears/rims and replace them 215-18-45's. But I don't think you would want to buy my scuffed up rims even though 3 of my Goodyears are relatively new.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I would recommend going to Tire Rack for winter tire/wheel package. They are showing steel wheel option ($71 per wheel). You can select your vehicle and price out the appropriate winter tire.

FYI, Tire Rack's website still shows Gen 1 Volt in their configurator when 2017 model year is selected. I'd double check the offset or call their toll free number to confirm proper fitment.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been tempted to sell my OEM Goodyears/rims and replace them 215-18-45's. But I don't think you would want to buy my scuffed up rims even though 3 of my Goodyears are relatively new.
Always depends on the price ;)

How bad are they scuffed up and any ballpark price? Shipping probably will suck since I'm all the way over here in Washington state (zip code 99354) but again, always depends on the price.

I've looked at TireRack a little and I might end up going with them but I really like the look of OEM. Anyone know if there is anything special that needs to be done with the tire pressure sensors from TireRack to get them to work with the Volt?

Also, anyone know the weight of the stock wheels?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replaced the wheels and tires on my brand new 2017 Volt LT. The tires have less than 100 mi on them. If you are interested in these OEM wheels, let me know. I retained the original TPMS, so no TPMS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts