GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am huge fan of the production Volt however I think that some simple changes to the color of the A-Pillar and the front of the roofline could have significant impacts. I’ve included an image I edited below which demonstrates what the production Volt would look like had the designers kept the blacked out A-pillar. I feel it looks more progressive, much more like the concept, and further distinct from the Prius/Insight duo. What do you think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone else agree or disagree

I can see how there might have had to have been some structural changes to the door frame to accomodate the blacked out a-pillar but it definitely makes the car look more like the concept.

Even with the crummy photoshop I think it's pretty easy to see what I'm getting at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the car was all-black that would really defeat the purpose of blacking out the A-pillars specifically... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, you could always tape off the area, and spray on some black.

:)

your right though, it looks much better with the "A" black.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Dilletante:

Whoops, I hadn't noticed your thread.

I watched the video footage of the Volt today and it really does look good the way it is. I'm all about blacking the A-pillar out to give the car some uniqueness but it does look good how it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts