GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is my story...

On sunday, our charger stopped working, no light whatsoever...

I called my dealer and they said it is under the Voltec warranty, but the Volt technician is on sick leave. They referred me to another dealer.

I called the other one and right off the bat they said it is not under the Voltec warranty and i will have to use my CPO.

I called GM Canada and they said it is under warranty...
So they called the other dealer and explained the situation i presume :)
At the end, i got a new replacement at no charge.

I created that thread because i searched all over the web and it was 50/50 as if it was under Voltec or not. Some had to pay full price for a replacement...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My experience has been that some dealers, despite being supposedly Volt certified, have absolutely NO FREAKING CLUE what's actually covered under the Voltec warranty...the dealer I bought my Volt from told me that the Voltec warranty covered the HV battery, and the HV battery ONLY, for 6yrs/80K miles. Absolutely nothing else was covered...I believe this was so they could sell me the GMPP...that covered absolutely none of the electric drive parts...
I got that similar answer from the dealer near my place. Every time a call there, they don't know ****...
So i'm calling them for the portable charger and they didn't know if it was under warranty or not. A few minutes later, the Volt expert told me and i quote "well...if the fuse inside is blown...it must not be under warranty..."

So that was the last straw..i hung up and called other dealerships.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts