GM Volt Forum banner

What is your history with GM and your thoughts on the Volt cancellation?

• I have owned many GM products; I am UPSET by the cancellation.

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • The Volt is one of my first GM products; I am UPSET by the cancellation.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • I have NEVER owned a GM product; I am UPSET by the cancellation.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have owned many GM products; I am FINE with the cancellation.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • The Volt is one of my first GM products; I am FINE with the cancellation.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • I have NEVER owned a GM product; I am FINE with the cancellation.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Poll: Thoughts on Volt Cancellation

4K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Joeparaski 
UPSET vs FINE are too strong. "Disappointed" is better.

My parents largely owned GM cars (e.g., full-size Buicks, then Cadillacs, with an occasional Olds or Pontiac). I've owned a number as well, and still own four: two Buicks, and two Chevys. Three of the four have nameplates that were discontinued - Reatta, Rendezvous, and now Volt. (Suburban is still being made.) I can still get all of them serviced. Drive train parts are generally not hard to find - even for the Reatta. (Crash parts for the Reatta are another story. But it is garaged out of harms way - except for the occasional car show or sunny day.) So I have confidence that our Volt will be serviceable for a long time.

I do want to combine our Rendezvous and Suburban into a single vehicle, and would prefer it be a PHEV. Something like the Outlander PHEV, but a little bigger and with about 2x the traction battery. It would be great if GM would put the Voltec, or a heavier duty version of it, in an Equinox-sized vehicle. Or even better yet, a Traverse-sized vehicle. GM has about a year before I start looking in earnest. By then the Model Y might be near production...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.