GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone should start a GM-Volt Poll thread on when such a vehicle is actually in the hands of a buyer!

All the Swooning Press has "Tesla Model 3 starting at $35,000" in the title or near the lead of an article on this car.

Poor Elon is now saying they must sell the $78,000 Model 3.
But he brought up the idea of the $35,000 Model 3 in the first place.

When will the Fabled $35k Model 3 be purchase buy a reservation holder?

Place your bets!!
Better yet, start a pool! Off-site of course.
:eek:

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Never.

I'm cheating. The car is $36,000. $35,000 is without destination, and by law all cars are sold with destination.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
How about a Bolt with ACC. Can we start a POLL for that.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
How about a Bolt with ACC. Can we start a POLL for that.
Yeah, this is puzzling. GM refuses to explain why a $44,000 car with rangefinding and advanced safety features doesn't have ACC.

The $31k Malibu has ACC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I vote 12 months from now.
That does not worry me since I am going to wait at least 24 months before I'll consider purchasing a new car. I have some money in TSLA stocks and am hoping it will increase enough in the next 24+ months to cover the whole cost of a new Model 3. I could potentially double my investment in the next couple of years or loose half of it. Who knows, we will have to wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Sometime in this century - that gives Tesla 80 or so years. :)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Elon has said all along that the $35k Model 3 is coming after the more expensive models, and he has hinted all along that it would be after incentives were gone. I don't know why people seem confused by this. From a company standpoint this is the only thing that makes sense if you want to see the $35k Model 3 ever.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Elon has said all along that the $35k Model 3 is coming after the more expensive models, and he has hinted all along ...
No. Go back and watch the rollout. Tesla owners and gearheads knew that would happen, but not the average Joe.

But I'm a day one, and as I approach 800 days to get an invite for a $56,000 car, it appears I will get my 3rd queuing delay to Aug-Oct fairly soon.

It's a race to see whether:

Tesla can meet their promises.
Jaguar can get some cars into California.
Chevrolet can put ACC in the Bolt.

Or I just grab the ZL1 1LE and wait for the Porsche.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Elon has said all along that the $35k Model 3 is coming after the more expensive models,...
I don't know why people seem confused by this. From a company standpoint this is the only thing that makes sense,,
if you want to see the $35k Model 3 ever.
The confusing part may be that was all that was spoken of during the hype and the lines during the early days of reservations.
Show one headline in the press that did not mention '$35k'.

From a "company standpoint": why 'ever' offer a $35k Model 3 when you are selling the $78k version?

Because it was sort of promised and promoted, remember?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
NEVER! By the time the "35K" car is ready (if ever), inflation will have bumped that price considerably. I don't believe a model 3 will ever be sold for less than 40K -- maybe even more.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Elon has said all along that the $35k Model 3 is coming after the more expensive models, and he has hinted all along that it would be after incentives were gone. I don't know why people seem confused by this. From a company standpoint this is the only thing that makes sense if you want to see the $35k Model 3 ever.
The reason would be it would provide a big disincentive to many holding out for the 35k model if they did not get the full federal cash back. that would limit Tesla's loss because far less would be ordered.

if he cannot make them profitably at 50k no amount of volume will allow him to get much lower than mid forties

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I wonder when we'll get a $35K Bolt. MSRP on a base 2018 is $36,620 + $875 destination charge = $$37,495

I would think we'd be more concerned over that question considering the phase out of the $7500 federal tax credit is about to occur.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I wonder when we'll get a $35K Bolt. MSRP on a base 2018 is $36,620 + $875 destination charge = $$37,495

I would think we'd be more concerned over that question considering the phase out of the $7500 federal tax credit is about to occur.
Tax incentive phase out will definitely have an impact on all EVs subject to the phase-out. But manufacturers will probably do this creatively just in case the incentives are resurrected.

Why does everyone think cars should get cheaper? Manufacturers hate that because it destroys the used car market. With inflation set to take off, prices are likely only to rise more quickly.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
In 3 years when all the used Model 3’s hit the trade-in market for something else new and sparkly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts