GM Volt Forum banner

Are you able to access your EV Miles and other data through the web or apps?

• 2011-2015 Volt - No inability to access the data during the time period

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 2011-2015 Volt - Had issues, but now able to access data

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 2011-2015 Volt - Ongoing inability to access data

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • 2016-2018 Volt - No inability to access the data during the time period

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 2016-2018 Volt - Had issues, but now able to access data

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 2016-2018 Volt - Ongoing inability to access data

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Other GM plug-in vehicle - No inability to access the data during the time period

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other GM plug-in vehicle - Had issues, but now able to access data

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other GM plug-in vehicle - Ongoing inability to access data

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you able to access your EV Miles and other data through the web or apps?

It appears that since mid-October there have been issues for some drivers in accessing some or all of their data, whether through
mychevrolet.com,
my volt.com
or through the iphone or Android apps (Remotelink, MyChevrolet).

The data for some drivers is also not reaching Voltstats.net.

The purpose of this poll (however non-scientific) is to get a better sense of what percentage of drivers are experiencing issues, and which vehicles they are driving.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You didn't distinguish between the problems in your poll please fix it. Mychevrolet.com and the app work fine, the problem is with Votlstats which hasn't been able to pull any data since 10/19.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Mychevrolet.com and the app work fine, the problem is with Votlstats which hasn't been able to pull any data since 10/19.
Not today. I can't get a connection to the server on the mobile app or the web sites.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Myvolt has been off an on for years. Back to 'off'.
Mychevrolet app removed all access to vehicle status (including "Charge now" button), despite it existing for the first month or so of my time under basic plan (it should not be related to plan downgrade).
Voltstats continues to work flawlessly with the exception of needing to re-auth approx 2 years back when onstar overhauled the system.

Overall the onstar related data has been the least reliable thing about this vehicle. It shouldn't be so hard.
I could write my own system better if they'd give open API access to my module.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You didn't distinguish between the problems in your poll please fix it. Mychevrolet.com and the app work fine, the problem is with Votlstats which hasn't been able to pull any data since 10/19.
Hi bjrosen:

I see no way to edit the poll.

Also, noting that Volstats.net is not run by GM. As best I can tell, the administrator(s?) of that site has on facebook also (about 7 weeks ago) indicated difficulty accessing driver data. Specifically this is what they seemed to write.

https://www.facebook.com/voltstats/

"...Volt Stats
October 26 ·
If your data is missing: All I know is that some cars are not sending EV miles to Volt Stats, and without EV miles Volt Stats throws out the data. Reauthenticating doesn't seem to help. Some people see similar issues in Remotelink, some don't. I have an email out to Onstar but haven't received a response. I really don't have any other ideas about what you can do at this point. :/..."

I agree that it would have been good to get more details, but I was trying to keep things relatively simple while at the same time knowing that no matter what I did, there would likely be one or more things screwed up about the poll that I couldn't fix. Background is that I was mentioning in this established thread (going back to the mid-October server outage (or some such) which apparently marked a beginning to at least some of the issues) that I thought it would be a good idea to set up a poll, but maybe someone else should do it. I will say though that as I have read through the thread, so many case-by-case issues have come up that maybe it is useful to have a poll which doesn't get too much into the details?

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?303217-VoltStats-and-missing-OnStar-EV-miles

Another possibility is that other polls could be started to correct any errors or omissions contained in this poll.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Myvolt has been off an on for years. Back to 'off'.
Mychevrolet app removed all access to vehicle status (including "Charge now" button), despite it existing for the first month or so of my time under basic plan (it should not be related to plan downgrade).
Voltstats continues to work flawlessly with the exception of needing to re-auth approx 2 years back when onstar overhauled the system.

Overall the onstar related data has been the least reliable thing about this vehicle. It shouldn't be so hard.
I could write my own system better if they'd give open API access to my module.
Hi - good to get this added perspective. My purchase around mid-October appears unfortunately to have coincided with a major outage of some sort, and so it has been hard for me to figure out what is normal and what is not, as to all of these different data pathways. The most helpful thread I've found has been here:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?303217-VoltStats-and-missing-OnStar-EV-miles

I do think your points above cut to the chase that it's not just this one pronounced Q4 2017 outage or issue, but that there are indications such matters have been going on for years. Really, one has to wonder "What's up with that?". Aren't there any ambitious competent programmers out there that GM could hire to fix the issues, once and for all (inasmuch as "once and for all" is possible)? Maybe not. A more obscure question mark I have would be whether there could have been a cybersecurity event.

I don't remember having this much difficulty with the same stuff on my 39 month lease of a 2012 Nissan Leaf. (Don't get me wrong, for my personal purposes, overall I much prefer the Volt, but this data issue so far is one where the Leaf wins hands down.)

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
My MyChevrolet phone app no longer displays EV miles and Percent EV Miles on Oct 19. This has also impacted VoltStats from collecting and providing meaningful data.

I called OnStar several time, they opened a Case File and have even called me twice at home. Essentially all they say is they are aware of the problem and working on it.

6+ weeks, how sad. And folks want OTA software updates.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Same as everyone else (I imagine it was the same "start date" as well, though I can't say for sure) - can't get any long term data.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Worked last week when I first got my 2018. Did not work today. All info was 1-2 days old. Re installed ap on iPhone and still does not work correctly.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maybe start posting on their face book page. The lifetime EV miles are showing on my.chevrolet.com so they are getting the data from Gen2 cars. it is just not showing on the mobile app. This can not be that hard to fix.

It just needs to get higher priority set to it so everyone call and post to their Face Book page.

I have done both.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I don't find the total EV miles on the Android app. I also do not find the fuel remaining, which was previously available on the app.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Maybe start posting on their face book page. The lifetime EV miles are showing on my.chevrolet.com so they are getti9ng the data from out Gen2 cars. it is just not showing on the mobile app. this can not be that hard to fix.
It just needs to get higher priority set to it so everyone call and post to their FB page. I have done both.
Hi - could you post a link to the facebook page you mean? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hi - could you post a link to the facebook page you mean? Thanks.
There is a link at the top of the Voltstats Home Page.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Missing from this poll is what Onstar package you have...my guess is many of the basic Onstar users, especially the GEN1 users are the ones who have problems...based on Voltstats, it appears there has been a change to the data reporting structure for the GEN2 Volts...since NONE of them are being shown on Voltstats

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a link at the top of the Voltstats Home Page.
Hi - When you say "call", I assume you mean call OnStar. When you say post to fb, I assume you mean VoltStats.

I doubt there is much VoltStats can do, as they are not part of GM but appear to be dependent on getting the data from GM, as we are. My fallible view is let's get GM to clean up their act.... get the data working properly on myvolt.com, etc., and then if VoltStats.net is still not working, we can appeal to that site's administrator more in concert. However, I have only been a Volt owner since mid-October (around the time of this apparent OnStar issue) and so am just kind of guessing at things.

I don't remember having such persistent difficulties getting Nissan Leaf data, though it is hard to remember the entire experience, I suppose there could have been.

·
Registered
175 Posts
just tried to post a message on FB and it said I don't have the proper permissions....whatever

1 - 20 of 27 Posts