GM Volt Forum banner

Are Volt owners men or women?

• Male

Votes: 225 87.9%
  • Female

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • Other (company, government, school, chruch, etc.)

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you a male or a female Volt owner?

Are you a male or female Volt owner?

That is what the poorly-worded poll question was supposed to ask. Kudos to those who figured it out!

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

Grady Badger knows whats up!

·
Registered
104 Posts
My wife selected the Volt as her DD and she drives it nearly every day. So, it's hers.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Are Volt owners/lessees men or women? Include yourself if you lease.

Obviously this isn't scientific, and is skewed by the owners/lessees who read this forum.
The code wrangler in me has to point out that it is not logical, either. The only valid answers are 'yes' or 'other'.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
And, by own...... Did you pay for it out of your Secretary money, or did your husband have to sign?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes, of course. Volt owners definitely are men and women.

You were expecting non-human owners?!

GSP

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Are Volt owners/lessees men or women? Include yourself if you lease.

Obviously this isn't scientific, and is skewed by the owners/lessees who read this forum.
all our cars are family cars, 2 owners, 4 drivers... you didn't set that up as an option in your poll???? any reason??

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I voted male owner although my wife and I share the Volt , but she could give a rats arse about it . Half the time she doesn't bother plugging it in .

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Other. Companies that are neither male or female, white black brown red or..., straight or gay and are soulless, but are people (according to the Supreme Court) who buy Volts.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all our cars are family cars, 2 owners, 4 drivers... you didn't set that up as an option in your poll???? any reason??
First, this is the first poll I ever created, so no reason, just did my best.

Second, I was trying to determine who was the driving force behind the decision. If GM was going to market the Volt, to whom would they market? This poll will tell us who has already purchased the Volt, which may not be the same thing. Early adopters might not be the mass market GM eventually hopes to reach. I was just curious. All women buy cars, right? But this forum seems to have a lot of men on it. Just checking . . . I certainly didn't think about the two-Volt families. So sorry about that. I messed that up big time!

Also, I've been told there are a lot of engineers on this site. Do most of the forum members consider themselves to be technical people? Maybe that's another poll.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I voted male owner although my wife and I share the Volt , but she could give a rats arse about it . Half the time she doesn't bother plugging it in .
She must know my wife, my wife never plugs it in

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I hadn't thought about it but when I give the Volt wave to other Volt drivers, they are almost always male. I wonder if the perception that the Volt can only go 38 miles is working against it. Maybe GM should do an effective commercial about how the Volt can drive all day using the genset. LOL!

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
We need another option - BOTH. We own TWO Volt's, one is mine and one belongs to my wife.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Second, I was trying to determine who was the driving force behind the decision. If GM was going to market the Volt, to whom would they market? This poll will tell us who has already purchased the Volt, which may not be the same thing. Early adopters might not be the mass market GM eventually hopes to reach. I was just curious. All women buy cars, right? But this forum seems to have a lot of men on it. Just checking . . . I certainly didn't think about the two-Volt families. So sorry about that. I messed that up big time!

Also, I've been told there are a lot of engineers on this site. Do most of the forum members consider themselves to be technical people? Maybe that's another poll.
Okay. If you decide to poll again, those will be interesting choices.

Driving the purchase after doing the research; me, a male and techie-type
Buying in on the decision after MY sales pitch to her; my wife - a non-techie type
Principal Driver; my wife.
Who just loves her car and is the STAR among her female co-workers; take a guess
Who is asked "Can we take your car?" at lunch?
Who has learned to charge up between errands so that she can brag about not using gas to her friends?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
ther Volt drivers, they are almost always male.

This alone makes me want to see more Volts on the road.

She must know my wife, my wife never plugs it in
Bet she manages to plug her phone in though.

Priorities.

Is it sexist when it's true?

·
Registered
131 Posts
It seems this poll has gotten a harsh reaction from some people. A "both" or "family" choice is irrelevant, since the male and female owners cancel each other out. As far as the poll goes, a vast majority of Volt owners are men. I wonder how this compares with other cars. Is it peculiar to the Volt. Must women I know are uninterested in technology for some reason. I think this poll has deeper meaning than it appears.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts