GM Volt Forum banner

Poll: 2011 GM stock charge cable replacement

15219 30
I wanted to get an idea of how many people with the 2011 charge cable had an issue. If you vote, can you post once about what the light indicators were doing, temps of your evse and cable, and anything else that may be pertinent?

Please keep the discussion to the other charge cable fault thread, but do post in here so we can get a consolidated idea of what is going on.

Have you had your EVSE replaced?

• No, I have not. Charging fine.

Votes: 69 69.0%
  • I have had it replaced once

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • I have had it replaced more than once

Votes: 10 10.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I have had my car since Dec 31. I used the portable charger cord at home until i received and had installed my 240 volt charger. The portable one worked fine at home. At work however it will only charge at 6 amps on the 120 circuit. On some circuits it won't charge at all, or it cuts off after only a minute or two. Is this a problem with the charge/cable or the circuit?

I have noticed that the cord is pulled out of the "charger" a little. I don't pull on the cord at all and I didn't notice if it was that way when I purchased the car or something that happened afterwards.

I current have around 7,00 miles on it and about 6,000 are electric. I drive about 46 miles round trip to work. I charge it at work, but because of the 6 amp v 12 amp charging I can not fully charge at work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you get the replacement unit from the dealer or do you get it sent from ??

I'm going to contact the dealer to see about my "charger".

Thanks everyone for the Thread it has been very helpful.

One thing I did note when I was using my 120 volt unit was that when I plugged it into a circuit and it work for a while then quit, I noticed the light in the car went from green to yellow before the lights on the "charger" flashed red. I'm thinking the car it controlling the "charger" vs the "charger" controlling the circuit.

This may not make since, but....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.