GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my 2017 Volt for less than a week and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue...

I start the car and as soon as the Bluetooth connects to my iPhone 5s, the MyLink system will start playing my podcasts (once a random audiobook began playing).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a way to prevent it from happening?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's not just yours. My 2014 does the same thing if my Bluetooth is turn on. Although, I usually have to look at something on my phone before it happens, but once I open something on my phone, the Bluetooth in the cars switches over to that source and starts playing music on my phone.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
When you turned off the car, was the mylink on bluetooth? That may be expected behavior if that was the previous audio source. If it happens when you had turned off the car while it was set to FM, then I agree that is improper. I think there were some bluetooth software updates over the years, but since you have a 2017, you likely have the latest and greatest.

Once ever month or two, my car will randomly switch to USB (I have an old ipod permanently plugged into it) in the middle of drive. Very annoying glitch. Volts do seem to have some software gremlins every now and then.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had that problem. Now when I look at Home > Bluetooth it says "Paused". Try going to the Bluetooth screen and pausing it. Check the phone as well.
Don't have it playing on either the '15 or '17 when the phone is recognized. I don't listen to music etc. on my phone so I never un-pause.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The other non- answer is to take the music off your phone and put it on a USB stick. Then it can only play if you plug in the USB stick. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
The MyLink radio software is pretty weird sometimes. I play my music off of a USB flash drive. I'll be listening to Arist 1, then switch to listening to Artist 2. I turn off the car, come back and it starts automatically playing one song from Artist one and then continue with Artist 2. I've given up on using Bluetooth since it doesn't auto-play music from it. You have to manually switch to it each time you start the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts