GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, my car battery was empty. Second time it happens, first time I forgot to plug but since I have the reminder sent by SMS.

This time no notification and the cable was plugged in. I wonder if I plug in and there is no power (breaker open), does the car think it's plugged in and doesn't send the warning text message?

I will check this evening if I have power to my wall outlet but I really wonder what happened.

Glad we have a gas engine!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Could have been as simple as not plugging it in all the way. If the connection isn't perfect, it won't start charging.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
My EVSE bangs on so hard, I can't miss charging. Even if I have the garage door down and charge outside I can still hear it. Plus, I have the app set to remind me around 9pm. My daughter says my car is crying because it's hungry. lol.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Plug until the handle clicks, wait until the light goes green and the horn chirps. If you are missing any of those, the car will likely not charge. I don't use delayed charging.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the fuse / circuit breaker was blown so I had no charge. I missed the beep.

What I wonder is why I didn't get the 8:30 text message saying it should be plugged in..

·
Registered
52 Posts
So the fuse / circuit breaker was blown so I had no charge. I missed the beep.

What I wonder is why I didn't get the 8:30 text message saying it should be plugged in..

The OnStar texts aren't all that reliable. You'd be better off just setting a recurring reminder with your cell phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts