• 139 Gas Miles
  • Gallons of gas used: 17.9
  • Gas Purchased: $38.89
  • Gal Gas Avoided: 4,344
  • Gas Savings: $13,673
  • Net saved: $10,899
  • EMMs: 34
  • FMMs: 5

Last drive before hitting 100,000 EV miles. 5.18 mi/kWh. No battery degradation.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Congratulations! It's good to see that even driving 99.9% EV, your battery is still capable of 50 miles on a charge. What a great car the Gen 1 Volt has turned out to be!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice. I just got a new 2016 Volt, and having owned it for about 2 weeks, haven't used the gas engine yet, my daily work commute is 7 miles each way. Plus the occasional outing & errands in the metro area. What is your daily work commute distance?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Congratulations! GM should reward you with a free 2017 Bolt EV or at least a big discount to buy one. Your ownership should be a subject for Chevy ads.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
ari_c and Erik's Sparkie demonstrated two examples of achieving 100K EV miles, with and without the use of petrol. At the rate I am driving, 100K EV miles or over 100K petrol miles are looking to be beyond my reach. However, these two drivers have shown the rest of us that 100K EV miles is not beyond the range of the Volt's battery life with no degradation. Good job guys!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. I just got a new 2016 Volt, and having owned it for about 2 weeks, haven't used the gas engine yet, my daily work commute is 7 miles each way. Plus the occasional outing & errands in the metro area. What is your daily work commute distance?
Thanks. My r/t is 39 miles. I have no workplace charging. Winter time is a challenge with my 2012 Volt to stay 100% EV, so I drive without heat. I could use A/C during the summer, but choose not to anyway.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You and your GEN 1 Volt deserve to get an award for such a great achievement, and almost all of it on Battery is notefull. Some of us strive to get all the battery miles we can and avoid the Gas miles, You deserve a hearty hand shake, a pat on the back and if I ever meet you, a free cup of coffee, an a nice ice cream... lol.

For the GEN 1, This kind of mileage with the battery either NOT showing any effects of use/age or so little effects that they are not noticeable after what, 100k miles is absolutely fantastic. The history of users getting these high electric miles are starting to add up which is giving an incredible history for the Volt GEN 1. With the battery changes and the chemistry changes for the GEN 2 battery, hopefully the GEN 2 will come through with shining numbers as well.
What I would like to see, is a listing of
Generation of VOLT or year
these Landmark mileage achievers with a note of any repairs, if any, they have gone through along the way.

We see suspicious tid bits of problems on the forums but never really get to see the big picture as most do not post about a VOLT, GEN 1 or now GEN 2, that has run fantastically with no problems...

As you have a 2012 and are showing 77 estimated Battery miles, I am quite impressed. Good show Sir.
This gives me hope for my 2017 VOLT that is giving me 83 mile estimates... lol ( tongue in cheek )..... Time will tell.

GOOD show sir and Congratulations on such good endurance. ( Hearty hand shake, pat on the back and a Milk Shake of your choice, LOL ).

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you mean by these? Is that miles driven in that mode? Or just the number of times that mode kicked in?
Number of times I have had them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts