GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Volt and a 2014 ELR. If you have seen my earlier posts, my 2012 had a lot of charging issues that turned out to be a bad BECM. Essentially, the contacts on the board are vastly undersized for the job they need to do. Well, a little over a year later, the 2014 had the same issue. I would recommend that anyone experiencing wonky charging issues with their Volt/ELR DO NOT ACCEPT the dealerships answers when they say it needed a "Software update" or it was a transient issue that cleared. MAKE THEM PROVE TO YOU it's not the board!!!! I can't stress this enough. The dealership techs have no idea how to repair these cars and they just call TAC. I am now in the market for a new battery and have sunk nearly 3k in the ELR and I still can't charge. The dealership model is a relic of the 20th century. No upgrades, no skills, just sell you a new car! Pics attached:
Electrical wiring Gas Control panel Electronic engineering Machine
Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Electronic engineering

Circuit component Green Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering

Green Urban design Circuit component Grass Electronic component

Blue Wheel Product Tire Motor vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts