GM Volt Forum banner

Please add a Sunroof options for the 2013 Chevy Volt.

9264 17
I drove my 2007 Prius waiting for the Volt to get a Sunroof option, but has yet to appear. I've recently traded my 2007 Prius for a 2012 Prius with the solar Sunroof as I gave up waiting. Let me know when the Volt gets the Sunroof option as I will probably then switch to the Volt. Otherwise I figure GM doesn't want my money.

Thank you!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,298 Posts

· Registered
3,133 Posts
You must really love them if your username is one.

Tho pricey this guy found someone to add one to his LEAF.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8828

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrg78732/sets/72157629672060424/
Looks very impressive. $1300 is a bit pricey but not terrible if you really want a sunroof. (The factory Nav in the 11 and 12's cost more than that).

I could never force my self to drive a car because of a sunroof (especially a Prius). They are nice but I'd rather have a car I like without one then a car I don't like with one.

· Registered
355 Posts
My last 3 cars had a sunroof and the Volt will be my first car in over 10 years to not have one. I wish it had one. I wish it had a panoramic roof. But in reality I don't use mine that often. Currently I mostly use it in the sprint/fall only. During the summer it's too hot so I have the sunroof and shade closed to keep the cabin temp down. I don't drive at night too often but when I do I'll open it up. It makes the car feel more open. But as much as I'd like one it's not one of those items that would prevent me from getting the car.

· Registered
500 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
100% AGREE!

I too have really thought twice about the Volt because of the sunroof. I do have a 2013 Volt on order a bit still salty about no sunroof option. The Prius V has a huge plastic sunroof that is sealed shut to eliminate drag so it does not open; this is good enough for me. Come on GM "LET THE SUNSHINE IN!".:)

· Registered
538 Posts
LOL, this is funny. If you'd said you'd bought another EV because it had a sunroof I wouldn't have responded because everyone has preferences. BUT, to choose a gas burning Prius, non-EV, rattle trap that only get's 10 mpg better than the Volt in cs? :D Too funny.

· Registered
28 Posts
Sunroofs are really pretty worthless. Maybe if you live in Seattle, where you want every precious moment of sunlight.
Otherwise, they remain closed, add weight up high (the worst place other than the wheels to add weight) and they will eventually leak (entropy demands this). I will not purchase a vehicle with a sunroof. Ask Randall, I made him sell me the only Cruze he had without a sunroof.

· Registered
53 Posts
Tough crowd tonight. Give Sunroof a break. I also think that a sunroof would be a nice option. Yes they are heavy but they rarely leak nowadays. I have two Ford Escape hybrids with sunroofs and neither of them have ever leaked.

Today, I had to park my car outside in the 80+ degree sun while at work to use a ChargePoint station. I really wished I had a sunroof when I came to get the car. Opening up the sunroof for a few minutes would have brought the inside temp down rapidly and not affected my city mileage in any way. So to each his own.

Actually, a Volt convertible would be nice as well. Maybe Chevy could imitate Toyota and add three or four variants of the Volt and total the sales each month the way the Prius sales are all lumped together.

· Registered
2,251 Posts
Spot on, Motown1999.

I really wanted a sunroof, too, but I didn't let it stop me from leasing this magnificent auto!

· Registered
40 Posts
i was really disappointed there was no sunroof also. the last 5 cars i've had have all had one. but when i really thought about it, i didn't use it that much and i have a convertible as a second car. haven't missed it and love my volt.

· Registered
4 Posts
Agree Sunroof Please!

I too have really thought twice about the Volt because of the sunroof. I do have a 2013 Volt on order a bit still salty about no sunroof option. The Prius V has a huge plastic sunroof that is sealed shut to eliminate drag so it does not open; this is good enough for me. Come on GM "LET THE SUNSHINE IN!".:)
I Love Panoramic sunroofs and the sealed light weight plastic onewould work for me similar to the Volt concept roof.

· Super Moderator
6,298 Posts
I Love Panoramic sunroofs and the sealed light weight plastic onewould work for me similar to the Volt concept roof.
I'm starting to get a little smitten on the Fisker Atlantic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.