GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 6 months of driving my off-lease 2015 Volt Premier, I found myself loving the car, but really wanting adaptive cruise control. This led me to look into new Volts, but I never managed a test drive in one because all the nicely equipped ones were selling before they reached the dealer's inventory. In the midst of my search, I started to see off-lease 2016 ELRs start to show up at a local dealer as CPOs. This caused me to divert my attention away from the new volts and towards the low-miles 2016 ELRs.

I watched a few nice cars come and go before I decided to pull the trigger on one. Yesterday, i headed to the dealer to check out a nice White 2016 ELR with the performance package and acc. Just as I arrived at the dealer, I checked my phone and found an e-mail from the sales person that I had an appointment with, telling me that he had just sold the car. Apparently my act of making an appointment to come look at the car was the push that got another buyer to finally come in a close the deal after looking at the car a number of times. I was a bit disappointed, but the proud new owner was there and we enjoyed a brief conversation about how much we loved our Voltec cars, before he headed off to take deliver of the ELR. I told the internet sales manager that I was really looking for a nice plug-in hybrid with decent EV range and adaptive cruise control. He asked me to hold on while he checked on something. I assumed that he was just verifying that the 2014 ELR on the lot did not have acc (duh), but a few minutes later he pulled around front in a beautiful white CT6.... Plug-In.

I could see on their April special board that they had a 2018 CT6 Plug-In marked down from $75k to $60k, so I assumed he was showing me a $60k car. That was obviously way beyond my plan price-wise, but I was still interested to check out the CT6 since I had read about them, but never considered one as a serious option. The car was immaculate and had about 1500 miles on it, so I assumed it had been either been demo'd by someone at the dealership or brought in from out of state. When we got back from the test drive, I pointed to the price on the special board and mentioned that it was a bit beyond my reach. My whole mood changed toward the car when he said no, the $60k car was for a brand new one that was already spoken for, and that the car I drove was a CPO and was almost $15k less. This eventually resulted in us finding enough common ground to turn my planned ELR purchase into a CT6 plug-in purchase. They are obviously not entirely comparable cars, but they are both very nice Cadillac Plug-In Hybrids :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats... My parents bought a CPO CT6 PHEV last year after really liking my Volt. They are a lot of car for the money. They love the car, and their only real complaints are the small trunk, lack of a heated steering wheel, and the lag on acceleration as you wait for the gas engine to start up if you floor it (but they said you get used to that and adapt their driving accordingly).

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
congrats on your purchase.keep us informed on how the car is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts