GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL? I just got mine today and the Bluetooth doesn't seem to work 100% properly. I don't get a ringtone through the stereo anymore, only the popup notification on the screen / DIC. Had no issues with this with my older Android phone. Didn't have a USB-C cable so didn't have a chance to test Android Auto yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone else have a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL? I just got mine today and the Bluetooth doesn't seem to work 100% properly. I don't get a ringtone through the stereo anymore, only the popup notification on the screen / DIC. Had no issues with this with my older Android phone. Didn't have a USB-C cable so didn't have a chance to test Android Auto yet.
No problems with phone calls or Android Auto on Pixel 2 XL. Try to re-pair.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problems with phone calls or Android Auto on Pixel 2 XL. Try to re-pair.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I did a re-pair and a restart of the phone. What I think is happening is that it is trying to play my phone ringtone through the stereo instead of the car's ringtone. Normally, my phone's ringtone is on the lowest setting. This also happens to my iPhone7. Is there anyway to get the car ringtone to go off?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I did a re-pair and a restart of the phone. What I think is happening is that it is trying to play my phone ringtone through the stereo instead of the car's ringtone. Normally, my phone's ringtone is on the lowest setting. This also happens to my iPhone7. Is there anyway to get the car ringtone to go off?
Not easily. Especially not if you want to keep the streaming. (Theoretically, you could get far enough into the bluetooth pairing to set up only the Hands-free Profile (the bit that handles telephone call inititation/disconnection and voice relay) and not the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (the streaming audio bit), then the incoming call would ONLY be signalled by HFP. But when both are connected, it's up to the car to decide which one to prioritize, or even mix together.

One thing you can try, though, is turning up the ringer volume when you connect to the car. Either manually or via some task-trigger program. (In the Android world, that'd be either Tasker or Llama to the rescue.)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not easily. Especially not if you want to keep the streaming. (Theoretically, you could get far enough into the bluetooth pairing to set up only the Hands-free Profile (the bit that handles telephone call inititation/disconnection and voice relay) and not the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (the streaming audio bit), then the incoming call would ONLY be signalled by HFP. But when both are connected, it's up to the car to decide which one to prioritize, or even mix together.

One thing you can try, though, is turning up the ringer volume when you connect to the car. Either manually or via some task-trigger program. (In the Android world, that'd be either Tasker or Llama to the rescue.)
Trying out Llama. I wonder how much battery it uses as wouldn't it be constantly checking conditions? Great advice though. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Trying out Llama. I wonder how much battery it uses as wouldn't it be constantly checking conditions? Great advice though. Thanks!
Used it for years; never noticed a battery drain. Mostly because its location data is ONLY from cell towers and things it is connected to, which are basically "free" queries. It doesn't even fire up the location services.

Trying tasker now for other purposes so Llama's uninstalled. I don't like it as much, but it does seem like it's got more conditions it can check and more things it can do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing I noticed is if I'm streaming music, the volume seems to cut out very briefly if I get a notification for something. This never happened with my old phone.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
One thing I noticed is if I'm streaming music, the volume seems to cut out very briefly if I get a notification for something. This never happened with my old phone.
You old phone is mixing the notification sounds into the A2DP stream differently than the new one. My 2016 Pixel pauses media streams to play notifications and ringtones, my old Nexus just overlayed/replaced the stream with the notification sound. It sounds like your old one played both simultaneously. That's probably the best way to handle it, but it's not a thing I've ever heard was user-configurable.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I get the high-pitched car ringtone through the car speakers if I get a call on my Pixel (Oreo). This happens regardless of whether or not I have Android Auto plugged in. I usually have my phone on vibrate, so I don't normally get notification sounds or ringtones when not in the car, but it seems if I don't have any music playing or anything, my "ringtones" play through the Android Auto stream (sounds such as Facebook Messenger, Telegram, etc).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Pixel 2 and was having bluetooth issues. I solved my problem by going into battery settings and changing a few apps from optimized to not optimized.

All music skipping, notification issues were resolved.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The only problem I notice is a barrage of connected, disconnected, connected messages every 5 seconds at times.

But I just use my phone in my car for calls and texts.

I wonder if a Volt update would help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.