GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well all, sorry to say that after 6 weeks owning a 2019 Volt, I sold it today. 2 main reasons.
1. I loved the car, the way it drives and rides and handles, the quietness even when the engine is running. But the recessed hatch area and the lack of space in there (compared to the Prius) was a problem for me...but not enough problem alone for me not to keep it.
2. I was offered 3k more than I paid for it online by Carvana and they were legit, they came today and paid me and picked up the car from my home. They didn't inspect it or even drive it, lol. It was a very easy transaction, very quick and surprisingly easy.

I will probably get another Volt or some similar plugin in a couple of years when this "car shortage" madness ends. Meanwhile I didn't sell my Prius yet so I guess I'll drive it another couple of years. It's a 2015 and only has 69k miles on it so that shouldn't be a problem.
I'll be lurking here on the Volt forum, learning what I can as time goes by, Good luck to all!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Well all, sorry to say that after 6 weeks owning a 2019 Volt, I sold it today. 2 main reasons.
1. I loved the car, the way it drives and rides and handles, the quietness even when the engine is running. But the recessed hatch area and the lack of space in there (compared to the Prius) was a problem for me...but not enough problem alone for me not to keep it.
2. I was offered 3k more than I paid for it online by Carvana and they were legit, they came today and paid me and picked up the car from my home. They didn't inspect it or even drive it, lol. It was a very easy transaction, very quick and surprisingly easy.

I will probably get another Volt or some similar plugin in a couple of years when this "car shortage" madness ends. Meanwhile I didn't sell my Prius yet so I guess I'll drive it another couple of years. It's a 2015 and only has 69k miles on it so that shouldn't be a problem.
I'll be lurking here on the Volt forum, learning what I can as time goes by, Good luck to all!
It's surprising how the Volt has gone up in value. The trade in value for my 2017 with 8K more miles than when I bought it from the same dealer is $1000 more than what I paid for the car originally. That's also the same amount they will offer me even if I don't buy their car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve had a 2011 and now a 2018. Have driven several Priuses (rentals) and can never wait to get back into my Volt. It’s so much quieter and feels much more like a real car than the Toyota.
I owned a 2007 Prius for 8 years and sold it in 2015. Indeed, the Volt is much quieter, quicker, with sportier handling, with a much more solid feel to it! Not to mention, the Prius couldn’t be driven on electric only. So far, my 2018 Volt has been more dependable than the Prius was. Both good cars, but in my opinion the Volt is superior.

·
Registered
2018 Volt LT
6 Posts
That's a killer deal. I picked up a 2018 LT with 31,000 miles for $19K a couple of months ago. I charge for free at one of my two work locations and charge at home at night.

So far, I've driven around 2,000 miles and put 5.9 gallons of gas in the car. Once.

You'll love it.

·
Administrator
22,282 Posts
not News. Events, moved to Newcomers

21 - 25 of 25 Posts