GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I joined this forum a good while back and have been lurking but not posting (since I didn't own a Volt).
I've been looking for about 2 years for a Volt and finally found the one I want. It's a 2019 with only 8300 miles. The price is $19,500 as a private sale so no additional fees. The guy who owns it has about 4 cars and wants to get an electric Humvee, lol. Obviously he doesn't drive the Volt very much,
I have driven a 2015 Prius for the last 4 years and have been happy with it, but have wanted the option to plug in and drive on electric. My Prius is just a hybrid, not a plugin, but the 20+ miles they offer on their Prime just isn't enough for my needs. I believe I can get about 70% of my miles now on electric with the 50+ range on the Volt. I'm very much looking forward to driving this beaut! Here's a picture:
2019Volt.jpg

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Ooooo, she is pretty. Enjoy the ride and driving gas free!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Good call on getting the Volt over the Prius Prime. The Volt is so much better in everything. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! Does it have the faster onboard charger that they offered in the 2019s?
I'm not sure about the faster charger...I guess I'll find out when I pick it up. Not a big concern for me, I'm retired and usually have at least 13 hours of charging time available...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I'm not sure about the faster charger...I guess I'll find out when I pick it up. Not a big concern for me, I'm retired and usually have at least 13 hours of charging time available...
Congratulations, it looks to be an LT model. Given this will you stay with 120 volt charging?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Get Level 2 EVSE. It made a big difference for me when running errands during the weekend. I drive in 30 miles spurts and I can go out again in a couple of hours. It would have taken over 7 hours to get enough juice again with 120 volt. Making multiple trips no longer feel like a waste.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Yeah I'd agree with microVOLT. You don't realize how handy the 240 volt charging is when you want to run out again in a few hours.

That said maybe 120 volt charging will work well for you and you won't miss the higher speeds. That said, your OEM 120 volt charger works great and is a lot faster if plugged into 120 volts with the proper adapter. You'll find a ton of information about that here on the forum.

Reactions: microVOLT

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello all, I joined this forum a good while back and have been lurking but not posting (since I didn't own a Volt).
I've been looking for about 2 years for a Volt and finally found the one I want. It's a 2019 with only 8300 miles. The price is $19,500 as a private sale so no additional fees. The guy who owns it has about 4 cars and wants to get an electric Humvee, lol. Obviously he doesn't drive the Volt very much,
I have driven a 2015 Prius for the last 4 years and have been happy with it, but have wanted the option to plug in and drive on electric. My Prius is just a hybrid, not a plugin, but the 20+ miles they offer on their Prime just isn't enough for my needs. I believe I can get about 70% of my miles now on electric with the 50+ range on the Volt. I'm very much looking forward to driving this beaut! Here's a picture: View attachment 172368
That's a good deal. I have a 2019 LT, fully loaded leather seats, convenience package etc. My lease end purchase in October is 18.5K. I have 12K miles. October may have 13.5. Will buy if I don't find a Full EV that meets my requirements. My 2nd Volt, previous was 2011 I was T-Boned and totaled! Get the Level 2 charger they're inexpensive and you won't regret it!! Trust all on the forum who recommend!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have driven a 2015 Prius for the last 4 years and have been happy with it, but have wanted the option to plug in and drive on electric. My Prius is just a hybrid, not a plugin, but the 20+ miles they offer on their Prime just isn't enough for my needs. I believe I can get about 70% of my miles now on electric with the 50+ range on the Volt. I'm very much looking forward to driving this beaut! Here's a picture: View attachment 172368
I’ve had a 2011 and now a 2018. Have driven several Priuses (rentals) and can never wait to get back into my Volt. It’s so much quieter and feels much more like a real car than the Toyota.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone. I think for now at least I'll just use the 13 hour charging cord that came with the car. Generally I won't drive over 50 miles in a day and if I do go over...well there's always the gas fuel to take up that bit of slack. Maybe in the future if I see a need I'll upgrade the charger.
I just went to Ormond Beach Fl yesterday to pick the Volt up and drive it back to NC today. I used hold mode all the way home- no battery, (550 miles) and it did great! It gave me 40 mpg even at the sometimes higher speeds on I95. I must say it is peppier than the Prius, rides and handles better (heavier battery I guess) LOOKS way better, lol. The only negative is I lose a noticeable amount of cargo/storage space and I don't get a spare. Very happy with the car....now....to sell the Prius!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I'd agree with microVOLT. You don't realize how handy the 240 volt charging is when you want to run out again in a few hours.

That said maybe 120 volt charging will work well for you and you won't miss the higher speeds. That said, your OEM 120 volt charger works great and is a lot faster if plugged into 120 volts with the proper adapter. You'll find a ton of information about that here on the forum.
He meant that the charging cord will work with 240V with an adapter. Using the same cable on 240V will charge the car in about 4.5 Hours using about 12Amps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I own a 2019 that replaced my leased 2017 that replaced my leased 2014. Loved them all and find them to be the best cars I've owned, which included BMWs, Lexuses, Acura, etc. Bought the 2019 when it was announced the Volt was being discontinued, and a new one was the same cost as my lease buyout. The concept of the Volt can't be beat and we see now that the plug in Toyota RAV4 with 40 miles range is selling way beyond expectation. GM made a big mistake.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I own a 2019 that replaced my leased 2017 that replaced my leased 2014. Loved them all and find them to be the best cars I've owned, which included BMWs, Lexuses, Acura, etc. Bought the 2019 when it was announced the Volt was being discontinued, and a new one was the same cost as my lease buyout. The concept of the Volt can't be beat and we see now that the plug in Toyota RAV4 with 40 miles range is selling way beyond expectation. GM made a big mistake.
Almost a mirror image of my life with cars. Mercedes, Beemers, Vette, Porsche, and Trans Am ( still my favorite, 9 MPG ouch!). My 2011 (#23 off the line) was T-Boned and totaled! Got my LT with Convenience Pkg. Leather seats etc. I miss my SUV and looking at end of lease in October (18.5k ) might buy. The RAV4 Prime reviews are great and I will test drive. If the IONIQ 5 comes in at mid 40K definitely consider if they're available along with any of the new EV's Mach e, etc. want full electric! No Bolt EUV, too small. Chevy should have built the TrailBlazer on the Volt chassis, I bet that would have been a HUGE seller!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts