GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volt LT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My commute is 19 miles each way, which seems ideal for a Volt. For the last 3 years, my daily driver is a Chevy Caprice PPV. A cop car imported from Holden in Australia. It has a cammed 6.0L V8. And while it's ridiculously overpowered and I love driving it for fun, the mileage was killing me. $60 fillup once a week or more. It's probably burning a little gas right now, even while turned off. Just because.

I started looking in earnest at PHEVs and found a guy selling his 2018 with 31K miles. Since COVID, he's working from home and it sits unused. So he's selling. It's the first electric vehicle I've ever driven and I immediately liked it. So we settled on a price and I'm meeting him at the DMV on Tuesday and then taking it home.

He has the 120V charger that came with it as well as a 220V and is including both. I already have two 14-50 outlets in my garage, so it's all coming together. I've been skimming the forum lately and look forward to learning from those EV veterans here.

I also just discovered that there are 3 Chargepoint stations (6 chargers) on the far edge of my company's parking lot. According to Plugshare, they're free. This decision is feeling better and better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
"It's probably burning a little gas right now, even while turned off. Just because."

LMFAO... I had a big-block Plymouth Fury that was like that.
It could pass anything but a gas station!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If you can charge at work for free you are going to really love the Volt. You will forget what a gas station looks like. And for in town driving, the Volt is super quick off the line and as smooth as can be. Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts