GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just too cheap not to. $11,475 total incentives, $150 a month for 36 months/10k miles a year, with just first payment due at signing. $27,135 unit.
Used a private offer and farm bureau rebate to get an additional $1k off. AND of course a $2,300 MD EV rebate is coming my way too.
So bottom line is about $87/month.
It's definitely a sporty little thing!! :D

And I just found out I guess I am eligible for $500 towards a Bosch L2 unit? Not that I need one, but another plus! Ebay, here I come.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fighting for the plug!

Hope to see you at a future meetup.
One of these days I'll make it out to one of those.

One quick observation: the Spark EV has the "oh sh!t" handles in the front, but the Volt doesn't?? Why is that?
Also was surprised the Spark has heated seats. I kept wondering "Why the hell are the seats so damn hot?!" and chalked it up to the hot weather...then I finally noticed the heated seats were on!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That Spark EV is a good example of a "Green Car"!! Congratulations for a great acquisition!

Now you can really drive on pure electrons only, and get a preview of driving the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Spark EV is a good example of a "Green Car"!! Congratulations for a great acquisition!

Now you can really drive on pure electrons only, and get a preview of driving the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV.
Yeah, this is my first BEV experience....should be fun!

On my first commute to work, I started out with a full charge and 81 miles of estimated range. After my 8 mile drive, the new estimated range was 83 miles. Lol
Pretty sure I'll be able to get it up to 100+ miles of estimated range on a full charge soon...unless I start lead footing it, which is very tempting...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Spark EV would cover 99% percent of my driving. But then my volt covers 100%. My commute is completely electric and the vast majority of my travels are gas-free. Plus, I can't see having two vehicles for me.

Spark EV is just too small for my needs. Glad it works for you.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spark EV would cover 99% percent of my driving. But then my volt covers 100%. My commute is completely electric and the vast majority of my travels are gas-free. Plus, I can't see having two vehicles for me.

Spark EV is just too small for my needs. Glad it works for you.
Honestly, the Spark EV is just a short term thing. Will be sold/transferred/flipped once the Bolt EV is out. But it's a good preview!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
A friend of my, also in MD, has a Spark EV. He uses his solar panels to power it. Talk about fun. That would make me downright giddy.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
A friend of my, also in MD, has a Spark EV. He uses his solar panels to power it. Talk about fun. That would make me downright giddy.
That is how I power my Volt and how we power our house. It is utterly cool to have a fueling station in the garage powered by the sun ;)

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So FWIW, I had my Spark EV with 133 miles appraised at Carmax for kicks. A MSRP $27,135 2016 Spark EV 2LT is worth......$12.5k as a trade-in.

$27.1k - ~$5k dealer discount/incentives - 7.5k fed credit - 2.3k MD credit = 12.3k for a brand new Spark EV. Perhaps that $12.5k offer is actually generous!

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found out one more tidbit I didn't know before purchasing: the brake lights will come on while in 'L' if it is decelerating fast enough.

Still haven't been able to test out the QC capability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts